• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bobnova's PhII X4 965BE Adventures Continue!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:rofl: it was probably used for sperm freezing on a dairy farm i wouldn't worry about it too much.

Round two is coming in the next hour or so, just FYI!

This one will be on my channel, as it's me alone.

Great I will try to tune in.

I'm working on setting up my install media again tonight, and researching my approach for CPUz a bit. I picked up some tips in the stream last night from people, and with my followup questions today I think I have the info I need, just need to make sure I have my things together and I should be rocking and rolling.

Nice scores last night. Pulling in 50-60 points on an AMD chip is good in my experience benching PHII's. :thup:

Nah we molested my cooler with the ln2, just put the chocolate bar in the bottom of the cooler and pour ln2 over it. Which isn't to different from what i was doing to ed's tortilla chips which where also sitting in the cooler.

btw i think i might have first place for Overclocked Tortilla chips, GO ME :D

Younger kid is attached to the netbook streaming machine at the moment, the moment he detaches I'll start and post the stream for y'all.

I'll be starting up shortly here.

Well that didn't work for beans.

I did learn a pifast sneakytweak though I think.
I need to test it a bit more to doublecheck, but I think I dun gone learnded somethin.

Vaseline is a pain to clean up. Either people are full of it or my dishwasher sucks.

Hair dryer to get the bulk off, then ran it through the dishwasher.

You have to spend alot of time with the air dryer getting it to the point that there isn't much left. on the board but a super thin layer. Then when i put it through the dish washer i put it on the rinse cycle and run it about 2-5 times. you really have to blast the crap out of it with the hair dryer and have gravity help with getting it to run, off. IMOG's put the hair dryer on low and walk away technique is perfect for this.

this is what you do.. turn your sink on hot and use a scrub brush to wash off the thick crap. get it very clean. let the dishwasher do the rest of your work. you aren't supposed to use soap in the dishwasher, however i found that it works best if you do. just make sure you let it dry over night :thup:!

Good stuff. I just started playing with my 965. I'm not going to go into the dewar graffiti.:rofl:

For cleaning the board take it to the sink with warm water, Palmolive and s soft brush. Then give a good rinse in the dishwasher.

For cleaning the board take it to the sink with warm water, Palmolive and s soft brush. Then give a good rinse in the dishwasher.

There's an idea!

I might just sell it to a benching team member as partially pre-insulated :p

EDIT:
It's aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive! And not too slimy.

Last edited:
If needed next time ed, just bring it by and we can run it through my dishwasher, Its got some serious UNF when needed, plus we know it works well enough after how clean my MIVE came out after its brush with the beast with vasoline on its fingers.

I'll keep that in mind. It's listed for sale now, if a potential buyer dislikes the vaseline concept I'll head over there and blast it :D

FWIW, best to use the hair dryer to remove vaseline before any other method involving water, unless done outdoors... Vaseline is not good for your pipes. Similar to why you shouldn't pour oil or fat down the drain. It will lead to clogs as it becomes like glue when mixed with hair and particles.

In my experience, using the hairdryer on low blowing into a shoebox, then coming back 5 to 10 minutes later - most all of the vaseline melts then runs off, then just the thin film is left to deal with.

Yeah, don't want that. Nothing quite like seeing what you sent down the sink last week come back and say Hi.

Back