• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpyderMatrix

ok here we go on my wifes machine i have the following issues and hardware

i turn the machine on and it starts the boot cycle then after it detects the raid controller it just reboots or just stalls at a blank screen it doesnt reboot at all. This started by her removing a hard drive for a friend to use but ended up not needing it so she put it back in and she turned it on and got cpu unworkable code she turned it off and waited for me to get home. I arrived at home turned the computer on and got the same code so i hit F1 and fixed the settings rebooted and got checksum error defaults loaded so i turned the computer off manually reset cmos with the jumper turned it back on fixed all the settings and the checksum error went away. That is when i started getting the problem of no boot after raid detection problem. So i removed the non essential hardware put one stick of ram in took off the cpu fan and the cpu to check for problems re applied paste and put the fan back on and plugged it in like im supposed to, I still got the problem so i swapped memory and tried again and once again no go. I really dont know what the issue is with this machine i need help if you can.

Hardware we are talking about

Abit KX7-333R with last bios
XP 1600+
512 Megs DDR
Dell Nvidia Geforce mx440
SB live card
400w PSU generic

if you need anything else let me know

It sounds as if you have a bad hardware problem. If you are booting to a point where you can get into your BIOS, set everything for default, and check all your basic settings. Boot without any drives, and then add slowly all your additional components(floppy, CD, etc.). if you run into problems, try changing your cables. If nothing I've said works, please let us know. I'd like to say its easy, but sometimes it takes quite a bit of time and effort to figure out a problem. Another thing comes to mind...you might want to get your drives all in place, then do a FIX MBR.

Last edited:
Back