• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brand new Corsair AX750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I've had this PSU for years never opened I opened it today to test a Maximus V and when I connect it to the motherboard it starts for about one second. It sounds like a short somewhere in the wires. I put the POS OCZ 500w back in and it boots fine. It has a 7 year warranty and I know I've only had it 4 years max. RMA?

Test it with a paperclip and a multimeter.
A short is pretty spectacular and instant, this is probably something else.
That said, it does sound like a PSU issue.

If it passes all the paperclip tests, do you have another board you can test it with? Might re-test with the M-E and see if it was just something plugged in wrong.

Or it might be dead of course. That does happen.

I'll give it a try. I'll have to look at the website to see where the green and ground pins are to jump it with a fan attached and the power wires are to test it. These are all black. :)

Charming.
You could always get a PSU tester of course. Tt makes a pretty decent one for $20 (EDIT: Nevermind, they want $34. Not worth it!) or so.
It's the automated version of the paperclip essentially.

Back