• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broadband Lines

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3dkingpin

Registered
I already have bt phone landline installed. there is also orange broadband installed and a wireless router.

we have sky.

Now i wanted another broadband connection for my own pc as the current one is very unreliable. I also want a cable type or similar tv package with all the free channels (or more..) but as cheap as possible.

Is it possible two have two broadband lines?

what is the best option

I WAS THINKING something like virgin, where they have free installation too

Hi, welcome to the forums :)

As Cable (such as Virgin) doesn't go near your BT phone line it's possible to have both the orange (via the DSL, phone line) and the Virgin broadband installed at the same time. It shouldn't cause any problems.

If you wanted two DSL connections (e.g. two Orange broadband connections) you'd need two BT phone lines, and of course if the issue is at your exchange or something you'd just be left with two equally unreliable connections!

Hope this helps.

David

IMO, if the internet just suddenly dropped in performance I would call the ISP and see what they say as it shouldn't happen.

also, check that people living with you aren't doing anything that could slow it down, such as torrenting etc.

Im with Virgin Media (cable) because the BT phone lines on my street suck!

Back