• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD after windows login???!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gtrdude485

Registered
Hey guys--

I updated my nForce drivers to 6.66 to try to fix my unknown device problem with raid/IDE-SW(I installed the firewall AND the ISE-SW drivers). I thought i successfully fixed it as my computer would startup fine with no problems for 5 or ten times. Now I am trying to find the max of my CPU to start to do some OCing. These were the settings i was trying when the problem started to occur. Before i had successful boot and ran super pi 32M test(following the guide posted obviously... ) with FSB at 260. Now what happens after I click my name to login to windows is the tray icons start loading then MBM5 startsup, then shuts down by itself and then I get BSOD: IRQL not less or equal. This is what happend when I installed the IDE-SW with the 6.53 nForce except i couldnt even get to windows. Now I cant even boot into windows using safe mode. Help please....?

Genie BIOS Settings:

FSB Bus Frequency - 270
LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio - x3.0
CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio - x10.0
PCI eXpress Frequency - 100Mhz

CPU VID StartUp Value - Startup

CPU VID Control - 1.35x
CPU VID Special Control - Above VID * 123%
LDT Voltage Control - 1.20v
Chip Set Voltage Control - 1.50v
DRAM Voltage Control - 2.8v

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set - 100=RAM/FSB:1/02
Command Per Clock (CPC) - Auto
CAS Latency Control (Tcl) - Auto
RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) - Auto
Min RAS# active time (Tras) - Auto
Row precharge time (Trp) - Auto
Row Cycle time (Trc) - 07 Bus Clocks
Row refresh cyc time (Trfc) - Auto
Row to Row delay (Trrd) - 02 Bus Clocks
Write recovery time (Twr) - 02 Bus Clocks
Write to Read delay (Twtr) - 02 Bus Clocks
Read to Write delay (Trwt) - 03 Bus Clocks
Refresh Period (Tref) - 3120 Cycles
Write CAS Latency (Twcl) - Auto
DRAM Bank Interleave - Enabled

DQS Skew Control - Auto
DQS Skew Value - 0
DRAM Drive Strength - Auto
DRAM Data Drive Strength - Auto
Max Async Latency - Auto
DRAM Response Time - Normal
Read Preamble Time - Auto
IdleCycle Limit - 256 Cycles
Dynamic Counter - Disable
R/W Queue Bypass - 16 x
Bypass Max - 07 x
32 Byte Granularity - Disable(4 Bursts)
2x 250gb WD 16mb cache raid-0
eVga 6800gt
SB Audigy ZS Plat Pro
NEC DVD burner
Gigabyte combo DVD/CD-RW
tsunami dream 2x120mm fans
enermax 535 psu
aerogate 3 fan controller

have you stopped overclocking and gone back to running stock?

have you tried "last known good" configuration?

I don't like the firewall built into the chipset. I've found it buggy. That's just my personal experiences with it. Also didn't like the IDE drivers that came with the nvidia set.

This is more than likely a Windows problem, not a hardware problem as you'll probably confirm by easily booting into Windows Safe Mode.

Drive Image your operating system partition next time to easily restore things back to the time when Windows worked before you installed buggy software, buggy drivers, buggy Windows updates or simply 'accidentally' visited dodgy web sites....

ok im uninstalling the IDE-SW and the firewall and hoping that works. Now am I finding the max of my CPU the right way... Do I leave all my ram stuff on auto like i have listed? Do I need to lower the cpu multi? I've read TONS of sticky's and guides on ram but i just can't seem to get all the settings figured out. Also what should my max CPU volts be? I have it set at 1.65 right now...

Thanks for the help

IRQ is less than or equal too is ALWAYS without exception related to a bad driver and hardware interface NEVER is this incorrect, the hardware change(including overclocking the CPU as it appears in windows as a different CPU) has to have new resources allocated by windows, well not really but windows alwats feels the need to allocated new resources for existing hardware (part of the HAL) and hence where the problem arises.
remove the faulty driver/hardware and use an updated driver.

Thanks for the help. I got rid of the Firewall and everythign seems to be in order.

Back