• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD On Startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Guys ,i just got a BSOD on startup ( first time getting from this error )

I used " WhoCrashed " to see the dump file.

Files :

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini092812-01.dmp
C:\Windows\memory.dmp

Bug Check Name :

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 9/27/2012 11:58:31 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini092812-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ecache.sys (ecache+0x73C9)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF8C56E3C9)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ecache.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Special Memory Device Cache
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 9/27/2012 11:58:31 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ecache.sys (ecache+0x73C9)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF8C56E3C9)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ecache.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Special Memory Device Cache
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Consider configuring your system to produce a full memory dump for better analysis.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Anyone have any idea what to do to resolve this ?? So im posting this right after i got the BSOD and i restarted the PC, so i not sure will this be OFTEN / even happen again in future.

But i doubt BSOD will just go away and happen all sudden for no reason.

Also i didn't install any new HARDWARE / SOFTWARE recently at all. I just use my PC as usual play games etc. Didn't even have any WINDOWS UPDATE recently.

Never even open the PC and did any cleaning which might caused some hardware loosen.

That's why im shocked to all sudden getting a BSOD ! :shock:

"D1" is a driver issue 99 percent of the time.

Reminds me of a bug I ran into in 2003, with Creative's Sound Blaster Audio PCI 128 driver, sbpci.sys, when connected to the internet with a 56K modem and playing MIDI and the same time.

? ? ? ? ? ? ?

NOOB HERE SORRY , so what it means , there's a driver problem or something ??

What's D1 , i running a DELL Inspiron 545 btw.

Windows Vista 32 BIT.

So what's the problem exactly , i don't have a Creative SB sound card install.

Without knowing if you've installed any service packs, update to SP2 if you haven't already (SP1 is a prerequisite for SP2 BTW).

Without knowing if you've installed any service packs, update to SP2 if you haven't already (SP1 is a prerequisite for SP2 BTW).

Im using SP2 now , i im updated to the latest everything. Even GPU driver is latest. I don't have sound card or anything else like that.

Don't have a LAN card for Internet too , its a built in on my Motherboard.

Never update BIOS before though , since the day arrive since i never change anything besides my GPU , RAM , CPU all fully DELL Original.

Quad Core 8200 2.3 GHZ, as i said since i never had BSOD before until all sudden now recently , that's why im so puzzled , couldn't be BIOS since its been fine for over 3 years ( just touch 3 years recently )

Worst case senario is that maybe 3 years its times up for my PC ??? That's why its getting BSOD ? But my previous HP , it happen that way after 7 years but its BSOD when half way using , this is during startup.

But today its fine no problems so far no BSOD

I mean the error code that ends with "D1". (STOP: 0x000000D1)

But as i said i don't have a Creative SB sound card. So what's the cause do you think ?

So far there's no BSOD during startup =/

I even did a FULL VIRUS scan , nothing im clean, disk defragmented recently too

Back