• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget OC Gaming build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
specs2.png

here is HWmonitor, (i'll probably keep it, seems like a good tool) and SPD

im not that confident when it comes to voltage, as for heat the H100i seems overkill, i keep it in quiet mode at the moment (put it on default for the test though)

Edit: almost forgot, the overclock is manual, currently set to 21 x 230 (multi x FSB)

Last edited:
All looks well, though you may want to raise the Nb Frequency which may require a bump in Cpu Nb voltage. You may also want to do some testing to see if running the Dram at it's current frequency with the timings set as they are, is actually beneficial over the rated 1866 with 9-9-9-27 timings.

i tried to raise the NB multi from 10 to 11, then 12, but with 12 no matter what voltage i used (up to 1.4) it would fail to post and i'd have to jump CMOS. so i've left it at 11.

i've managed to get cores 5 and 6 stable with extra voltage, at 1.6 (ish) V, but considering i can get 4 cores the same speed at 1.4V im gonna use 4 cores unless i need the extra juice. (all at 4.83 still so im happy with the speed for every day use)

also when its at 1.6v i have to keep my fans high to keep temps below 65C and it sounds like its gonna take off, lol. with 1.4 running it in quiet mode is more than enough, even with things like F@H running it stays arround 45C.

i've managed to get cores 5 and 6 stable with extra voltage, at 1.6
swinfi2 if you would like to keep that chip around a while I suggest not pushing over 1.55 Cpu V into it on ambient cooling. As far as shutting down cores it's likely that you will not notice the difference being on 4 core as opposed to 6 while gaming. That said you could also try lowering the Cpu OC to get it to run on all 6 cores because you also may not see much difference with the OC at 4.6 or 4.8, "all depending on the game".

Back