• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget radiator fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alcsi69

Hey guys!

I'll get my hands on a used, well priced Mo-Ra 2 soon, and I'd need some decent fans for it. Also I wouldn't like the fans to be more than 13$/piece.
Originally I've been looking at the Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000s, but they aren't available locally.
Since then, I found some cool fans: Scythe Kaze Flex 120 2000, EK Vardar F4-120ER, CoolerMaster Sickleflow 120. They are pretty close to each other cosindering CFM and static pressure. Since this is only for benching, sound isn't an issue. I've been looking at Delta TFC1212DEs recently. These are axial fans and 4A, so basically I'd need a seperate PSU just for these fans to work properly, but they wouldn't be the weakest point of the loops that's 100%.

Any opinions/suggestions about this? :)

But would these fans be able to move enough air through a 60mm thick radiator only in push? (the Mo-Ra 2 is 50mm thick, but I have a 360mm UT60 which I'd use too) The Deltas would be more than enough for those rads and also they are cheaper than the vardars. :D

Yeah probably I'll need those. :p
Do you think the vardars or similar fans would be enough for push-only on 50mm and 60mm thick rads? :)

My Vardar EVO fnas have the same SP rating of 3.16mmH2O and I use them on a 60mm Hardware Labs Black ICE Nemesis GTX in push only. It's 16fpi and the fins are 25 micron. They move plenty of air against that and also the fairly restrictive grill of the PCO11 Dynamic. They are not quiet at top speed, but you couldn't set some papers on top of the case for sure. I can make you a quick video when I get home.

Sorry not sure of the best way to host a video here, needless to say a 8x11 sheet is blown completely off the top of the case at 1700rpm. At 1000rpm it's more of a hover and then slides off.

Cool. I'd use them on max RPM, since I'd like to maximize performance.
As I see they are on a sale on EK's website, so I'll probably order a bunch of them. :D

Alcsi69, do you care about noise? Where on this big blue marble are you located? I'm curious because if it's for benching you can hang the radiator out the window in the winter. Johan45 and I both have done this with success. Thought, this depends on if your ambient temps get cold in winter months. That said I use Yate Loons on my benching rad because it's outside and I don't care about sound. I have 6 2200 rpm fans in push pull on a ThermoChill PA120.3, and see + 1 to 3 c water temps temps over ambient when benching.

Alcsi69, do you care about noise? Where on this big blue marble are you located? I'm curious because if it's for benching you can hang the radiator out the window in the winter. Johan45 and I both have done this with success. Thought, this depends on if your ambient temps get cold in winter months. That said I use Yate Loons on my benching rad because it's outside and I don't care about sound. I have 6 2200 rpm fans in push pull on a ThermoChill PA120.3, and see + 1 to 3 c water temps temps over ambient when benching.

I don’t care about noise to an extent. I watched some videos about those Delta fans and they are above that level that I don’t care about.
I will definitely go outside to bench in winter. :)

If it's a mo rad I doubt you will need anything as good as the deltas. Great fans for what they are but with a rad that big the Yate loon 2200 rpm fans will work just fine. I also rigged an old laptop charger up to the fans so I can just plug them in when needed.

If it's a mo rad I doubt you will need anything as good as the deltas. Great fans for what they are but with a rad that big the Yate loon 2200 rpm fans will work just fine. I also rigged an old laptop charger up to the fans so I can just plug them in when needed.

I can't seem to find those yate loons unfortunately, but yeah, I don't need those deltas. They would be very overkill. :D

Oh crap sorry.
Not sure what shipping would be like for you but..... 120mm clear led YL High speed 3.95 ea supposedly in stock?

Oh crap sorry.
Not sure what shipping would be like for you but..... 120mm clear led YL High speed 3.95 ea supposedly in stock?

It would be cool, but unfortunately the cheapest shipping option would be 60$. :(
The good thing is that one of the hungarian webshops just put up the 2200rpm white vardars, and they are very cheap (I think they miscalculated the price or something 'cause they are like half the price of the ek's site) so I ordered a lot of them and I'll see what the shop will do about that. :D

Since you have access to them, I'd actually recommend the EK Vardars, I've been a huge fan(haha....) of them since they came out. Low noise and move plenty of air.

Since you have access to them, I'd actually recommend the EK Vardars, I've been a huge fan(haha....) of them since they came out. Low noise and move plenty of air.

Yeah they are pretty cool fans and those BULKs aren't really expensive. I'll just see what this webshop do with my order, 'cause I doubt they will complete it considering they miscalculated the price and the fans aren't even available now on their site. :D

Sweet, you will enjoy benching with the rad outside in the winter. Welcome btw, I'm not around much these days to bench. Hope to be back soon :D

Back