• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo PC3700 BH5???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YetAnotherNoob

ok newegg has Buffalo PC3700 w/ Garanteed Winbond chips for $99. does buffalo pc3700 come in CH-5 or BH-6?? or does it only come in BH-5???

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is neither ch-5, nor bh-5. It has been shipping with Micron chips for quite a while now. Just about 10-14 days ago, they had it in stock and advertised as having Winbond Modules and everyone that ordered received the Micron chips. Evidently, newegg is a little slow sometimes in updating their product descriptions.

Last edited:
Sorry i dont care what the pics say, i care about the results. If these people are saying that people in the past weeks have recieved non bh5 chips then why do you so blatetly shout things like that? Come on child.

Dre

hey doesnt hurt to try...you can always return unless youre really aching for memory right this instant...

We will find out soon enough. Johan851 needs a luck break really bad...poor guy:( For his sake, I hope its BH5, he deserves it.

Check out the "Hitting the Jackpot" thread on the Micron PC3700. Somewhere around pages 2-4, Rabbi posted last time these bh-5 chips became available and at least one of the guys ordered. He received Micron based ram. Now, if the Micron had been performing great, like anticipated/hoped, this would still have been a great find, however, anyone that has read the thread knows that it has had problems. Several people responded around the time Rabbi posted, all saying that they had ordered that stuff during previous "restockings" and no one had received Winbond for over 6 months. One of the guys pointed out that if you look at the reviews from customers, the last one praising the ram with the bh-5 modules was dated October of 2003, which is now about 9 months old. I would suspect anyone getting bh-5 in recent purchases would be bragging all over the web and singing the praises of newegg. I won't go as far as saying you have no chance of getting bh-5, just about as much chance as a snowball in you know where.

And Sen, I'm not crazy...I just do my homework.

You know...I'm going to agree with Reefa_Madness on this one, as much as Sentential may hate me (sorry Sen...:(). I spoke with Bruce at Buffalo Tech again this morning, and he confirmed that Buffalo hasn't shipped Winbond PC3700 to Newegg since October. He also said that Newegg's warehouse staff doesn't differentiate between the two types - they just regard them as revisions. Apparently Buffalo has asked Newegg several times to bin the two types seperately with no success - Newegg just keeps shipping "Winbond" and don't update their detailed information.

Since Newegg has run completely out of stock of this several times, then reappeared again with stock, that leads me to believe that their supply of BH-5 was completely flushed out, then restocked with Micron, cleaned out again, rinse, repeat, and restocked for the how manynth (yes, I made up a word) time with Micron. IMO, there's pretty much NO chance of it being BH-5 after the inventory was cleaned that many times since October. So...I'm going to cancel my order, as the only way to get this stuff here to me in time is $20 for overnight shipping.

Don't get me wrong Sen - I very much appreciate the tip. It gave me a chance to do some homework. I'll get my break...just don't think this is it. :)

I ordered one stick back in October (when it was still BH-5) and then tried to get the second stick the next month only to find out that they were out of stock. After hearing rumors about BH-5 supplies running out I contacted someone at Buffalo. I cannot remember his name off the top of my head but he said that they were out of BH-5 and would not be making anymore. Period.
I got lucky and picked up a second stick from someone on this forum who was in the same boat and ended up getting Muskin sticks and selling his 1 3700 stick.

I don't care what newegg says, Buffalo themselves have stated that they are not shipping BH-5 anymore.

Back