• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Build Log] Phanteks Enthoo Primo Z97

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol I'm currently [patiently] waiting for 24 hours to pass to confirm no leaks (7 1/2 hours to go).

What is good though, is that I have finally learnt how to quickly and efficiently bleed this loop at the third time of asking. There are zero bubbles passing into the res now. When I turn off the pump, there are no air pockets passing back into top inflow res hose as the pressure drops. I think I now have a working procedure that fully delivers a totally silent loop, (from the respective of noise from air bubbles after just 12 hours of bleeding).

Question: Please confirm whether it is advisable to wait the full 24 hours or whether I can test my deltas with paper towels still surrounding the loop?? The waiting is killing me and I'm turning a bit screwy :screwy:

Thanks

Last edited:
Well, the leak test either has four hours to go or is 83% complete. I prefer the latter as my glass is always half full :)

"Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?" cried the kids from the back seat of the car. Gawd do I know how they feel...

Right then. Getting the rad setup appears to have a fair bit of difference.

1. The air/water deltas for the 2 rads are almost identical now
  2. The load temps for the CPU with AIDA64 appear to be considerably lower
  3. I am filled with an immense feeling of well-being

I haven't long been testing. I'll post up some results when I've been running the test for a reasonable amount of time. Any results posted will be with default bios settings as I haven't got around to configuring it yet. Just wanted to see if the temps and loop were ok first.

Thanks for all the help and especially the eagle-eyed boffin who noticed the rad/hose goof!!
I salute you all :salute: and raise a glass in your collective honor :cheers:

A little off-topic I know.

I just dug out an ancient 12-year-old PSU to power up my pump for the leak test later on today. It is so tiny. Has two 70mm fans for airflow!!! My...how things have evolved on the PSU front! I've actually got older models hidden away somewhere too lol

That's exactly what I do as well. Have a 10+ yr old 400w PSU laying around that I use to test products with or run the pumps during leak test.

I do this too. I have an ancient 90W PSU that is perfect for the loop and rad fans. I can also use it to run a GPU loop if I'm using DICE on my CPU.

Preliminary temps (cpu only). The tests were run twice. The first time for about 20 minutes while I was trying to get my rad sensors working with my controller. The second test I have posted here was run for just over an hour with only about a minute cool down time after the first test. I did have temps from RealTemp too, but I shut it down to try and work out which program stops Windows Notifications (action center) from working properly. (It turns out Aida64 was the culprit lol but only when it is running the test)

CPU 10c lower than on Friday. Rad air/water deltas both at 2c with one about 0.3c higher than the other according to the sensors. On Friday, both deltas were higher but then I was stressing both GPUs and CPU simultaneously.

Prelim temps stock.jpg

Now I've got some like-for-like comparisons to Fridays test. Only difference is that the Intel HD4600 is now disabled in the BIOS. Also, Friday's testing was for 45 minutes whereas today testing was for 90 minutes

Testing was done with Aida64 stressing CPU, FPU, Cache and both GPUs simultaneously

Ambient room temperature on both occasions 22c

Friday - Delta bottom rad 5c
Today - Delta bottom rad 5.1c

Friday - Delta top rad 8.5c
Today - Delta top rad 5c

Friday - CPU Max temp 80c
Today - CPU Max temp 73c

Friday - GPUs - Can't remember exactly but both in low 40s with GPU2 1c higher than GPU1
Today - GPU1 Max temp 36c & GPU2 Max temp 37c

Prelim Temps MKII.jpg

The only way I can see a realistic real world enviroment setting other than gaming and of course benching is Folding. I fold for hours at a time on my rigs. That is the best indicator to show me what my max temps would be. Anything higher than that would be some stressful benchmarks. Quite honestly, Folding@home is like a benchmark lol but of course for a good cause.

:cry: My board bios is not letting me overclock :cry:

I click on the relevant setting and most of them won't work at all. CPU Base Clock, CPU Clock Ratio and XMP profiles don't work. And that's just on the first page. Same issue on the voltages page etc. They are all stuck on 'Auto' and if I click on them, nothing happens :(

I've got a support ticket with Gigabyte open from a few days ago about unusual and unlisted debug codes with the board. And this may be connected. I'll wait to see what they say. Tempted to flash the bios from the backup (Gigabyte dual bios) just in case that solves things. I really want to get cracking on here...

Last edited:
OOh, I panicked unnecessarily. Gigabyte has changed the way the buttons function compared to my last board from them. Some work with keyboard Enter clicks, other with up/down buttons. I got upset too quickly and didn't stay calm lol :D

First sample test overclock for CPU tested with Aida64 and stressing CPU, FPU, cache & GPUS for 90 minutes

Windows stable and temps good with CPU @ 4.6GHz 1.2v

Both rad deltas @ approximately 5.5c

CPU max temp 70c - Although core #4 temps appear lower

***End Build LOG***

Sample Overclock 4600GHz.jpg

Back