• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building LGA775 System for Friend - $1000 max. Does this look good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Harres12 said:
No Intel AMD is better in all aspects and Maxtor has problems compaired to WD or Segate. And make sure you do not skip the PSU.

He said he wanted LGA775. Also, AMD is not better in all aspects. They just have newer chips at the moment. I think when the Conroes and other Intel offerings come out, they will surpass AMD. Just my two cents. :)

I went with onboard video for now, as my friend is not a gamer. He wanted a PC for Internet Useage, and to start experimenting with creating his own music using VSTi Soft-Synths and stuff (very RAM/CPU intensive stuff).

As far as the Intel - I have 2 reasons: I have successfully built 4 Intel systems w/o any issues (I'm comfortable with Intel - I have not built an AMD system yet, and I didn't want this to be my first), and I LOVE Intel Chipsets. I read SO MANY issues with other chipsets, this in itself is enough resaon for me to choose Intel.

EDIT - The Power Supply was also addressed (Sparkle 400Watt), and I have had good luck with Maxtor's HD's (I own numerous Maxtor's and a few WD's - had ONE issue with a Maxtor 60Gig I bought used for $15 and was ~4 years old ;) )

:cool:

Last edited:
Back