• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building my first computer, $650 budget, need some advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Including the monitor in your budget is really hindering your build. You can spend that money on a better mobo and a better psu.

well it wasn't exactly a choice I don't have a monitor cas my current computer is a laptop lol.

well it wasn't exactly a choice I don't have a monitor cas my current computer is a laptop lol.

I understand but then your actual budget for the pc itself is really more like 500 bucks. Most people tend to leave out the peripherals out of the budget. Therefore when you say your budget is 650 and then try to compare it to someone else, the quality won't match up because they did not include the monitor into the price of the PC.

Do you have a recent TV with HDMI input? If so, just get a DVI to HDMI cable and you can use the TV as a monitor.

build seems fine I heard a lot of bad stuff and also that it was "the worse" bout my $70.00 msi mobo for my fx6300 but
my idle temps are 30c full load and I oc it to 4.0 ghz. if mobo is what u can afford the it will work for u till u can afford later.

for 500 I built:
fx 6300
hyper 212+
970A-G43 would be better to get the 970A-G46 for $10
solidgear 550w
seagate barriacuda 1tb
hd 7850
case
bout 520 and change.

then save money use old tv with vga or hdmi and use existing keyboard and mouse if not its $12 for a 2.5ghz keyboard and mouse that wireless. I run everything on max settings with my 7850 all u need to do is oc it to 1050 core and 1350 mem. seems like its catching up to a 7950.

build seems fine I heard a lot of bad stuff and also that it was "the worse" bout my $70.00 msi mobo for my fx6300 but
my idle temps are 30c full load and I oc it to 4.0 ghz. if mobo is what u can afford the it will work for u till u can afford later.

for 500 I built:
fx 6300
hyper 212+
970A-G43 would be better to get the 970A-G46 for $10
solidgear 550w
seagate barriacuda 1tb
hd 7850
case
bout 520 and change.

then save money use old tv with vga or hdmi and use existing keyboard and mouse if not its $12 for a 2.5ghz keyboard and mouse that wireless. I run everything on max settings with my 7850 all u need to do is oc it to 1050 core and 1350 mem. seems like its catching up to a 7950.

This is a very solid build. Should play all games especially at lower resolutions. How much ram did you get?

yeah but computing power of the FX still out preforms the FM2 slot processors by a lot. and its only 20 more. and with that GPU u still have to get a GPU.

Including the monitor in your budget is really hindering your build. You can spend that money on a better mobo and a better psu.

Excluding the monitor for his budget could hinder his ability to see the games he's playing. :)

I think $500 is enough to get him a solid build that he can later upgrade (RAM, if needed, GPU), and then leave $150 for a nice monitor.

dang $150 for a monitor? just find a person who is upgrading and buy the old monitor off them. I got my 120 mhz 23" LG for $60. and some free seagate 500 gb for free. just get to know people. The ones who build computers always have spare junk laying around.

yeah but computing power of the FX still out preforms the FM2 slot processors by a lot. and its only 20 more. and with that GPU u still have to get a GPU.

hrm?
it's actually $34 dollars, just to be accurate.

As for performance,
http://ixbtlabs.com/articles3/cpu/amd-fx-x300.html

It's not earth shattering, but it's unlocked, can get a feature rich, 8+2 power design board that has a better upgrade path than AM3 (FM2) for less than $100 and it's $80

that poat only justifys more to my point if u know anything bout processors. and your running 1 entirly more core on the fx which will help with hyper transport and processing information

that poat only justifys more to my point if u know anything bout processors. and your running 1 entirly more core on the fx which will help with hyper transport and processing information

If that is the case, then I must not know anything about cpus.

I wasent trying to insult u. just giving my opinion.

Can you also provide some data or explanation to support your opinion?
Explain it to me like I don't know anything about CPUs.

Since the op is building his first computer, I'm sure providing details would be helpful.

Can you also provide some data or explanation to support your opinion?
Explain it to me like I don't know anything about CPUs.

Since the op is building his first computer, I'm sure providing details would be helpful.
+1. I have no idea what 'extra cores for hyperthreading' means... :shrug:

Back