• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bunch of new NEO2 Mod BIOS's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm another lazy bum. I could have checked out the tccd bios, but I haven't. When my rig is running decently I am reluctant to experiment. Also, lazy. I think I have another glass of wine.:)

I got my LE's back from RMA and its the same thing. Still can't do 275 @ 2.5-3-3-7. The best I got it was 4 hours prime stable with large FFT. But to do that I had to lossen the other timings like TRRD and TRTW alot.

I still have a few more things I can try, but it doesnt look like its guna happen. For how I gave up and stuck them back on a divider :p

I really starting to think its the memory controler on the chip or the Neo2 is just more of a POS then I thought :p

Sorry to here that, MoPMatrix. Didn't you have tjat ram with one of those not-so-good Winchesters before you got the Venice? Did it clock better then, or did you not find out because the Winnie clocked so poorly?
BTW, I have been meaning to say what a fantastic job you have done with the bios page. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ya I could never see how the ram clocked cuz the winchester wouldn't post past 255x10.
But it did 275x9 fine.

Can never win with this system, first it was the CPU and now the RAM :p

And thanks =)

You know... This board has really given me nothing but a headache. The one game I like to play when I come home is CSS. I sit down, hop in a server... play for about 10 minutes and WHAM! FROZEN! :mad:

Everything freezes then regains. It's only with source. But I refuse to think it's a source issue since my specs are clean and Source seems to run fine on any other computer but this one. There is something with source that is conflicting with the hardware of my computer and the only thing I can narrow it down to is this motherboard. :confused:

They should seriously consider a recal and release a new revision. :rolleyes: The first fix I found was that by default "fastwrites" were enabled. The Fastwrites were causing so many other issues but still didn't remedy the Source glitch. So, I've made the attempt to correct this by flashing my bios now up to v1.B.

First error I'd get would be when the RAID would load an error would flash real quick... too fast to read. :shrug: Then I loaded into Windows and it started loading new devices. I now have a Network controller which is "unknown" and another device which is completely "unknown". :bang head

Next step... Install the latest Nvidia nForce drivers... This was great... because now... perpetual reboot. :bang head I then loaded last known good and here I am. I really want DFI again.:cry:

ProperMethodz, most of what I have read says the DFI nf3 board is as buggy or perhaps even worse than the msi. Hoot, one of the mods here, bought one and returned it after 30days in favor of his old msi. (Later he upgraded to an nf4 board , which is one of the better solutions to the nf3 problem) or a modest $70 you can dump the nf3 Neo2 for the ASRock ULI based board, which also takes agp or pci-e video cards. If your Neo2 is buggy I don't think any bios is going to fix it, but that's just my opinion. Good luck.

rseven said:
ProperMethodz, most of what I have read says the DFI nf3 board is as buggy or perhaps even worse than the msi. Hoot, one of the mods here, bought one and returned it after 30days in favor of his old msi. (Later he upgraded to an nf4 board , which is one of the better solutions to the nf3 problem) or a modest $70 you can dump the nf3 Neo2 for the ASRock ULI based board, which also takes agp or pci-e video cards. If your Neo2 is buggy I don't think any bios is going to fix it, but that's just my opinion. Good luck.
I'm so tired of RMA's. Thanks for the advice. When I went in for an nF3 board (because I had the 6800 U before the mobo/proc) I found that the MSI board seemed to be the best. Then I click here and find so many problems with it.

From what I understand, DFI plans a rev. B of their nf3 board sometime this fall.

Either that or I'll attmpt at the evga upgrade for the 7800 GTX and just buy the DFI LP NF4 board.

Well, I would assume that dfi would do better with a rev B but some of the problems are just nf3 issues in general. The nf4's are much better. Good luck.

rseven said:
Well, I would assume that dfi would do better with a rev B but some of the problems are just nf3 issues in general. The nf4's are much better. Good luck.
I've not been able to do the research on what kinds of Issues the NF3 in specific have had. Also companies like to keep those types of things under wraps anyway, making it difficult to do the research.

Where would you say the most serious issues lie with NF3, and what bios would you suggest I use?

Is the modded TCCD bios something I should consider?

Also... where in Jersey are you?

I am not sure what issues are the NF3 and what are just a particular motherboard. These boards are very fussy about ram and some like the DFI will not clock very high at a 1T command rate. There are general stability issues when over clocking. The MSI is notorious for having problems recognizing PCI cards. Like I said, I don't know what is NF3 and what isn't. I use the Version 1.A0 R2 by Sideeffect and it works fine. I would try any of the modded bios versions including the tccd oe if I was trying to resolve issues. I have poor mouthed MSI considerably on this forum, but overall my board is one of the better ones. It is just quirky and annoying and MSI has resolved little since it first came out.
I am located in Jackson in the middle of New Jersey. (Great Adventure is here)
Good luck with a new bios.

rseven said:
I am located in Jackson in the middle of New Jersey. (Great Adventure is here)
Good luck with a new bios.

!?!?!?

I'm in Jackson too! About a mile from Glories market.

ProperMethodz

I had the same issue with CSS, game would freeze. You need to go into bios and unlock the hidden features. Go to Cell and do Shift+F2 and ALT+F3 approximately the same time. You will see NAV/ATI=Auto. Disable this. Disable Fastwrite and Sidebanding. This will fix your CSS problem. I had a 6800GT and it was doing the same thing. It seems MSI wanted do overclock the videocard by default :rolleyes: .

On the other issue you have with raid, did you see "Boot.ini" missing or corrupted during boot, and did it asked to boot at last known profile? If you have this AND you have a MIRROR RAID then do the following.
You will need to do two things. First, delete and rebuilt your boot.ini. I think I found this information in Microsoft website. Once you fix this, then you can rebuilt your raid. You will need to disconnect your secondary raid device. Leave your primary connected. Boot and go into windows. Now turn off your computer and add the second device and boot. Go to Raid menu and rebuilt your raid.

I hope this will help you. Good luck

Sniper.nkc said:
ProperMethodz

I had the same issue with CSS, game would freeze. You need to go into bios and unlock the hidden features. Go to Cell and do Shift+F2 and ALT+F3 approximately the same time. You will see NAV/ATI=Auto. Disable this. Disable Fastwrite and Sidebanding. This will fix your CSS problem. I had a 6800GT and it was doing the same thing. It seems MSI wanted do overclock the videocard by default :rolleyes: .

On the other issue you have with raid, did you see "Boot.ini" missing or corrupted during boot, and did it asked to boot at last known profile? If you have this AND you have a MIRROR RAID then do the following.
You will need to do two things. First, delete and rebuilt your boot.ini. I think I found this information in Microsoft website. Once you fix this, then you can rebuilt your raid. You will need to disconnect your secondary raid device. Leave your primary connected. Boot and go into windows. Now turn off your computer and add the second device and boot. Go to Raid menu and rebuilt your raid.

I hope this will help you. Good luck

You sir... are the man. This is something which I've just grown to live with. Much love on this one.

After testing this I will then attempt the TCCD bios.

Your comment in your sig is similar to my thoughts in terms of motherboard wants.
MoPMatrix said:
!?!?!?

I'm in Jackson too! About a mile from Glories market.

rseven said:
That's hysterical! Talk about a small world. :cool:

www.hallowlan.com

The two of you should come. A lot of the people coming are from northern/central NJ.

ProperMethodz, either that site is down or the link doesn't work.
I tried it again and it worked.
I'm too old for a lan party, maybe when I'm younger. :)

Last edited:
rseven said:
ProperMethodz, either that site is down or the link doesn't work.
I tried it again and it worked.
I'm too old for a lan party, maybe when I'm younger. :)
The age range is 14 - 50... yes we get 50 yr olds.

ProperMethodz said:
The age range is 14 - 50... yes we get 50 yr olds.
Well, I'm 55 now so in 5 years I be young enough, but thanks for the thought. (My kids send me to Atlantic City when they have a party just to make sure the old fart isn't around!:))

Back