• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buy a GTX 1070 or 970?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I have a second PC I use for gaming in the livingroom occasionally with a 770 in it. I suppose the smarter move would to just sell the 770 (eventually) and put the 970 in that computer and use whatever I made off the 770 to upgrade to the new card, and then be happy and stick with that for a few years. Hmm. Decisions decisions.

I want to ask some question.Will my core i5 2400 3.8 ghz severely limits gtx 1070 in 2560x1440?I will play on 60 hz monitor.

Nope. it won't limit it at all.

Wouldn't there be some titles that would be affected? I had thought Ashes of the Singularity showed performance increases w/increasing number of cores over and beyond quad core parts?

There exceptions of course. The Division likely being another.

But in the vast majority of titles, it would not make a difference. Perhaps my statement was too closed. ;)

THIS ^^^Same here, I can see the pixels when I game and can't tell 1080p from 1440p monitor. Just get a good monitor.

27" Dot pitch 1440p 0.2331mm 1080p 0.3114mm

This so much. At 27", 1080p is perfect. Had one of those Korean 1440p monitors, couldn't detect a difference. Going for 4K at 27" just boggles my mind... 40" I can understand, but not at typical monitor sizes.

Im shocked you cannot tell the difference... I can clearly tell the difference between a 1080 and 1440p monitor at 27".

Im shocked you cannot tell the difference... I can clearly tell the difference between a 1080 and 1440p monitor at 27".

It was certainly a glossier screen, and my icons were smaller :p but in actual games, they looked the same.

Back