• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying a psu in 1k stream. Suggests?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gabriel1981

Registered
Hi I am new of this forum and I saw it great!!

I am buying a new rig and I need your suggestion for a psu in 1k stream.

I was thinking about the nermax revolution 1050. What u think?

it is silver cert, do u have a better one with gold silver?

the best 1kw power supply would be the corsair 1000watt, it one of the most solid power supply's you can buy.

the ocz gold series 1000watt , and maybe the kingwin mach 1 1000watt, havnt read any reviews yet though, maybe someone else might help :D

Gabe,

Anything on this list in the sticky in this power supply section:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=589708

They all have links to the reviews done by our professional members.

Why do you need such a powerhouse? Running 2 gx2 or x2 cards?

I would choose either the Corsair 1000HX or that Enermax you listed is top notch also.

Why do you need such a powerhouse? Running 2 gx2 or x2 cards?

I would choose either the Corsair 1000HX or that Enermax you listed is top notch also.

because i am tired to spend money on something that doesn't last. not at all time, but damn a long time!

1 yr ago I bought the enermax mod82+ 525 at 110 Euro (about 160 $) and now if I wanna upgrade with a quad sli or other i cannot..

If i choosed a 1k psu 1 yr ago, i wouldn't wasted my money..:mad:

Understood. But that doesnt mean you buy a 1kw PSU when you will likely NEVER EVER use the power. So long as you dont plan on getting 2 dual gpu cards, there will likely never be a need before you upgrade again.

You bought a low powered PSU a year ago. You could have bought a 650W/750W (50-60A 12v rail) a year ago and not had to worry with 2 of any single GPU card.

I take it you are running a 30" 2560x1900 (or w/e) res monitor that is making you even cosinder 2 gx2/x2 type cards?

Understood. But that doesnt mean you buy a 1kw PSU when you will likely NEVER EVER use the power. So long as you dont plan on getting 2 dual gpu cards, there will likely never be a need before you upgrade again.

You bought a low powered PSU a year ago. You could have bought a 650W/750W (50-60A 12v rail) a year ago and not had to worry with 2 of any single GPU card.

I take it you are running a 30" 2560x1900 (or w/e) res monitor that is making you even cosinder 2 gx2/x2 type cards?

This means that for now I won't use this powerful, but in 6 months i am going to get a 55" led tv in order to connect my pc on it, and there i will need a system that will require more than 700w...and if i should need to do a sli...damn, i am screw up again...

so i think this way: i buy now a 1k (or 1250) psu so i have not to spend again for a long long long time...

am i wrong? :rolleyes:

Are you wrong? Yes and No. You just bought WAY low a year ago. 55" TV is 1920x1080 res in all likelyhood (it isnt more) so in no way would you need 2 of the dual GPU cards. Also, you arent hooking it up to the PSU so why would a monitor require a larger PSU (thats how it was written, sorry if I am mistaking).

What GPU do you have/buying to run on that monitor? Honestly man, a PSU with 60A-70A on the 12v rail will be just fine for SLI/Crossfire single GPU cards. You do not need now, or in a few years a 1-1.2kw PSU to run 2 single GPU graphics cards. Nor do you support the resolution needed to justify 2 dual gpu graphics cards. Dont believe the hype. Just take note you made a boo boo on your PSU purchase last year and members here (like myself) will steer you in the right direction. :)

A name brand PSU with 40A on its 12v rails will run ANY single GPU card and overclocked quad core without breaking a sweat.

Looking at your memory thread, money is obviously an issue. So save your self some money and get say Corsair 850HX and run any 2 single GPU cards and any processor on it.

Are you wrong? Yes and No. You just bought WAY low a year ago. 55" TV is 1920x1080 res in all likelyhood (it isnt more) so in no way would you need 2 of the dual GPU cards. Also, you arent hooking it up to the PSU so why would a monitor require a larger PSU (thats how it was written, sorry if I am mistaking).

What GPU do you have/buying to run on that monitor? Honestly man, a PSU with 60A-70A on the 12v rail will be just fine for SLI/Crossfire single GPU cards. You do not need now, or in a few years a 1-1.2kw PSU to run 2 single GPU graphics cards. Nor do you support the resolution needed to justify 2 dual gpu graphics cards. Dont believe the hype. Just take note you made a boo boo on your PSU purchase last year and members here (like myself) will steer you in the right direction. :)

A name brand PSU with 40A on its 12v rails will run ANY single GPU card and overclocked quad core without breaking a sweat.

Looking at your memory thread, money is obviously an issue. So save your self some money and get say Corsair 850HX and run any 2 single GPU cards and any processor on it.

Well, many thanks. Your considerations are right. My actual psu is this: http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=1&lv1=5&no=8 what u think about it? can I have this one for beginning with a single 260 and an overcloked i7 920?

I think the Enermax revolution is very efficient, and goes up to 1250W should you need...
I got one free from a Gigabyte GOOC in the UK for participating and it is a very solid PSU.

I think the Enermax revolution is very efficient, and goes up to 1250W should you need...
I got one free from a Gigabyte GOOC in the UK for participating and it is a very solid PSU.

great!! sell me it!! :bday::bday::bday:

No chance with your current psu.

perfect...now i know what to do..i save money for now..and when it is the moment i will change my psu...hoping that the prices will fall for them (altough i doubt it..)

Not in North America - the 1050W is the top end for the line here. One needs to look at the Galaxy Evo 1250W to get that power level here with the Revo platform.

Personally, I like the Enermax better than the HX1000.

Back