• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying LGA 775 board and some Haswell question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

northenosprey02

Was vacuum in here since three month :D

So, I saw the computer store still selling LGA 775 board. The good brand which still in stock is ASUS (much high-end ASUS P45 LGA775 mobo still in stock), DFI (LANParty P35 and X38), Gigabyte (only selling entry-level, but some has OC feature), and Abit (probably mostly high-end).

So, someone said ASUS is very good brand. But my ASUS P5KPL-AM SE had physical damage such popped SATA port and broken and rusted audio jack.

Is ASUS P5Q-SE good for me for LGA 775 system? I am rather to hold out with LGA775 system because I am waiting Haswell in June.

And about Haswell mobo, I saw on local online computer magazine which it said original stepping Haswell chipset had the problem is USB devices disabled after entering S3 sleep state. Is it no problem for me? Because I using hibernate.

That was my question, I am sorry if you can't read this because I am dizzy. :-/

Someone experiencing that Abit mobo is piece of junk, are you sure Abit mobo is good? The DFI mobo, I am sure it was good but only available in P35 and X38 :(. What's wrong with ASUS?

Abit a piece of junk?! If I remember correctly, high end Abits were awesome overclocking boards for 775.

There's nothing wrong with ASUS.

^With Asus? Customer service/support/RMA suck.

Six and half a dozen. Some guys I know swear by ASRock's TSD. They broke my board and then went silent. ASUS helped me with some problems when I was rocking a C3F, but they also pissed me off when I had some compatibility problems with QVL RAM and a M4A785TD-V PRO. It's yet another computer roulette.

Abit a piece of junk?! If I remember correctly, high end Abits were awesome overclocking boards for 775.

There's nothing wrong with ASUS.

Six and half a dozen. Some guys I know swear by ASRock's TSD. They broke my board and then went silent. ASUS helped me with some problems when I was rocking a C3F, but they also pissed me off when I had some compatibility problems with QVL RAM and a M4A785TD-V PRO. It's yet another computer roulette.

Well, I just saw Abit IX48 sell cheaper than DFI LanParty X38 and even ASUS P5Q-SE! Is Abit IX48 rocks? Or Abit IP45 just enough for me?

EDIT: If I buy Abit board, how to installing uGuru driver on Win7 x64?

Last edited:
Just wait for Haswell and upgrade. It should be here soon, save the money that a new 775 board will cost you.
What about chipset problem? The initial Haswell mobo using first stepping of chipset which has some issue on USB which it disabled after entering S3 sleep state. But the mobo with second stepping Haswell chipset arrive in late July, so buying Haswell component much complicated (because the largest store located far from my city and paying method is questionable, the local computer store person has poor computer education and they are opening the store just looking for a profit, not customer satisfaction, it only sell cheap mobo because most people in my city needs cheaper stuff but randomized cheap)

EDIT: I am too bored when I waiting Haswell lol. But I am doubt when my ASUS P5KPL-AM SE had one loose SATA port so it fragile to popped out (so it mean it will unusable on storage, the another one already popped).

Last edited:
UMM A ABIT IX48?!?!?!?!?!?!? you have to be kidding me, they never made it states side, just for the collectors value alone i would buy one. since Abit has dropped out of the mobo market and their IP35-pro was one of the best i used period. we also never got the IP45 board either, i would snag one too! OMG OMG OMG!!! to think i just sold my abit IP35-pro, if i was over there this would have been a small oldie collection for the future!

Back