• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying New Computer Tomorrow Need Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warrior Legolas

Registered
I’m ordering a new computer tomorrow and I thought I should run it by you guys first just to make sure I’m not going to regret buying it.
All suggestions are welcome.

Motherboard=====ASUS A8N-SLI=====ZipZoomFly=====$159.00
Processor=====AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester=====ZipZoomFly=====$190.00
Memory=====Corsair Value Select 1GB DDR PC-3200 CAS 2.5=====ZipZoomFly=====$101.00
Hard Drive=====Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA=====ZipZoomFly=====$179.00
Optical Drive=====NEC ND-3520A=====Newegg=====$63.99
Floppy Drive=====Mitsumi 7-in-1 Media Drive=====ZipZoomFly=====$29.00
Case=====Antec P-160WF=====Newegg=====$140.99
Power Supply=====OCZ ModStream 520W=====Newegg=====$126.99
Video Card=====eVGA e-GeForce 6800 GT PCI Express=====ZipZoomFly=====$379.99
Sound Card=====Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS=====ZipZoomFly=====$86.99

Note: These are the prices shipped.

Total===============$1’456.95

Regards
Fishers Web

Looks good to me. You could consider getting a 36gig Raptor for your boot drive and something larger, say a 200 gig Seagate SataII NCQ for storage rather than just a 74gig Raptor.

Do you plan on going SLI in the future? If not you could probally save some by getting a nforce4 ultra board instead of a sli board.

Aslan said:
Looks good to me. You could consider getting a 36gig Raptor for your boot drive and something larger, say a 200 gig Seagate SataII NCQ for storage rather than just a 74gig Raptor.

I don’t need a lot of storage...Right now I'm running off of a 40GB drive that I still have 9GB left on...So I think it will be awhile before I use up 74GB.

shuiends said:
Do you plan on going SLI in the future? If not you could probally save some by getting a nforce4 ultra board instead of a sli board.

I’m biased towards ASUS and there nForce 4 Ultra board doesn’t have firewire.

Regards
Fishers Web

edit: Do you guys have any CRT recommendations for about $450 shipped???
I’m thinking about a ViewSonic G220FB.

Back