• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying new Motherboard, CPU and Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ordered!!! Thanks Knufire for all your help! You helped me out alot. Hopefully all goes well this weekend putting it together!!

So I finally was able to get the new setup up and running. I was having alot of problems posting all because of memory. I finally was able to get it happy enough to run. Now I have no clue on memory as to how to set up timings and all that what not but I think that why I was having so many problems. Even with the Mem Ok button it would work the after a reboot or to it wouldn't. I did end getting the Corsair memory as mention above. I guess my question is that i see its running at 400 which is now where near where its suppose to. Is this normal? Again I have no clue as to what I am looking at or for. I did download CPU-Z and took some snap shots. Let me know what you think.

As of right now everything is up and running but if any of you know of any changes to make it better that wont bring any problems im willing to give it a shot.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Capture5.JPG
    Capture5.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 12
See the settings under XMP-1600 in the SPD tab? Those are the correct memory settings. Punch those into the BIOS. If the memory doesn't work at those settings, then you're entitled to an RMA, because it's "dead".

See the settings under XMP-1600 in the SPD tab? Those are the correct memory settings. Punch those into the BIOS. If the memory doesn't work at those settings, then you're entitled to an RMA, because it's "dead".

That worked! Thanks a bunch for everything! You have been really helpful.

Back