• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C&C Generals or Starcraft?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

C&C Generals or Starcraft?

• C&C Generals

Votes: 84 35.7%
  • Starcraft

Votes: 119 50.6%
  • Other

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • ShadowÒÓ

Votes: 19 8.1%

• Total voters
Im going to have to say Starcraft on this one :p I still play it sometimes and when it first came out 2 years of my life was dedicated to it :mad:
I only wish you could run it in higher resolutions :(

2-Starcraft

I personaly think that Starcrarft: Ghost is an insult to the pc world. Its obviously "Too complicated" for pcs to handel :mad: They make their pc games for puny consoles, then why not make this console game for pc? And i swear, if they touch Diablo agian before Starcraft 2, i'm going to go insane!

Memex i still remember when it was announced (starcraft : ghost) i was a brat here on the forums hehe !! well yes i was and still am disappointed with blizzard on making a crappy console game i was more or less expecting them (with all the hype around) to announce starcraft 2

At first I thought starcraft: ghost was starcraft 2 then I saw the screen shots. I was very unhappy to say the least. I bet five years from now, there will be more people playing starcraft then C&C.

Starcraft was and still is the best rts game to date. The game is almost perfectly balanced. I for one never really like the C&C series but generals was alot of fun.

2 Starcraft >>>>> All other rts

they still have mass amounts of people playing it on B.net and the game is like 6 years old now. Very few games have that kind of staying power.

DipStickTony said:
The game is almost perfectly balanced.
I dont agree with that, the zerg are rather cheesy. So is the protoss dark archon :p
/me goes and steals a builder to control 2 races

:D

Before brood wars the game was balanced perfectly. Brood wars is another story, especially after the lucker was added. The dark archon is pretty cheap to. Still is better than C&C though.

have you guys actually played any ladder games or anything of the sort ? Lurkers are not that great except for early game since any decent player will have detection asap. Also a single marine with stim can take out a lone lurker if the player knows how to move the marine right.

Also the darkarchon is weak, slow, and expensive...and what player is going to let you walk into their base mc a drone and get out alive. Besides most players use the DA for the maelstrom ability not mind control.

Let me rephrase...for people that know how to play:D the game is perfectly balanced.

No offense or anything

WOW Starcraft is blowing Generals away:(. I am very surprised at this. No matter what you all say i am a Command and Conquer Generals fan all the way.

Well, from my SC playing days I recall that the dark archon was not very good (although better than the regular archon :) ). Considering its HP go down horribly when it activates mind control, and that the mind control ability itself is often inferior to things like psi storm, its often better to have those two dark templar then bother making a dark archon.

And lurkers are only annoying when your not ready for them. Scouting is your friend :D

DA maelstorm is great against zerg, also late in game dts are almost worthless against a decent player.

The DA is one of the crappier units but it does have a few uses, also archons with weapon upgrade own zerglings...alot of toss rush to psi storm, archon, and zealot and this combo is very hard for zerg to beat

Thanks alot for making this a poll!:) i really appreciate it!

Can everyone vote again please?

Back