• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cable TV on 2005FPW?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoKtEm

I just got a Dell 2005FPW and I noticed there are a lot of people here who use it as a TV with the Picture in Picture. What is the best solution to this? I don't have HDTV but would like to get one that supports HDTV in case I do in the future. Do most people have external tv tuners or internal ones in the computer?

Also I have heard ps2 or gamecube looks really bad on LCD's unless you get some sort of transcoder? is that true?

I have yet to get my 2005fpw (arrives tomorrow), but I was planning on using the S-video cable to hook it up the one of the other inputs. I unfortunately can't speak from experience, have you tried some of the various connections to see how they work?

Actually mine hasn't arrived yet either =P so I guess we are in the same boat. Are you looking into TV Tuners as well?

Not really... I'm going to just mess around with sending s-video from my VCR/DVD combo to the monitor to see how it looks, then go from there if it's even personally worth using the PIP for TV.

Back