• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Calculating Crossfire PSU W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are a couple rendering and encoding applications that can. I do not know them by name, just saw them in reviews. Enough = they exist, but really not many.

I hate intel iv had way to many problems with intel cpu's and motherboard

Earthdog did sum up it for me ^^

Then I suggest you consider the FX 8350 (or 8320) since it is basically the exact same chip than the FX 9370, except the higher frequency boost (and way higher TDP). An FX 8350 normally overclocks quite well so you wouldn't be disappointed.

Just a small tip about the FX 9370 and 9590: the highest frequency are only available on 4 cores, not 8. So if you have a workload requiring 8 cores, the turbo will... make you loose in performance :rain:
An OCd FX 8350 won't have this kind of issue

Abacus works well... And no need of PSU or expensive GPU!

Ooops, sorry...

Edit: was just joking. If you want to go the AMD road, you need a strong MoBo. Asus Sabertooth 990fx will do. And strong cooling. Best would be custom waterloop. But keep in mind that a 4770k kills a 8350 when at stock. The much higher IPC compensates for the lack of cores (4 Cores/8 threads). Keep in mind also that a lot of ressources are shared by modules with FX CPUs.
A 4770k [email protected] stock, when a 8350 runs@4GHz. If you are lucky, you can expect a 20%OC with the FX when the Intel will give without hassle a 30 to 40%OC.

Last edited:
A 4770k [email protected] stock, when a 8350 runs@4GHz. If you are lucky, you can expect a 20%OC with the FX when the Intel will give without hassle a 30 to 40%OC.

Hum... 40% OC? 3.5*1.4= 4.9GHz... without hassle? :eek:

I would expect something more like 4.5GHz for most chips.
You don't need to run at 4.9GHz or close to be efficient, 4.3GHz or 4.4 GHz is way more than enough for every kind of tasks except benching :thup:

Hum... 40% OC? 3.5*1.4= 4.9GHz... without hassle? :eek:

I would expect something more like 4.5GHz for most chips.
You don't need to run at 4.9GHz or close to be efficient, 4.3GHz or 4.4 GHz is way more than enough for every kind of tasks except benching :thup:

Sorry Fornoob, my bad.

But 4.5/4.6 is realistic. With a sub $130 board and a high end air cooler. So, let's say 30/35%. But you know what I mean, right?

Piledriver IPC is around 30% lower than Haswell.

Back