• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call of Duty 4 $37.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just wanted to confirm the console versions are on sale for $37 flat at Target. Picked it up yesterday. Holy crap, its good. :) Perfect for this post-christmas snowstorm, huh custom90gt (I just noticed you're from Fort Collins)?

I actually went to school up in Fort Collins, now I'm in pueblo while on leave from the army. Not much snow here, but its cold outside so I'm inside playing COD4.

Just installed the game yesterday. Finished the single player pretty quickly and than played about two hours of multiplayer. It's definitely different than CS where I'm a consistent 5:1 player and here I'm like 1:3 lol. It seems like a lot of people are hacking even on Punkbuster-equipped servers though :(

Wow, under $40 for a console version of this game? PS3 version here I come!

Just installed the game yesterday. Finished the single player pretty quickly and than played about two hours of multiplayer. It's definitely different than CS where I'm a consistent 5:1 player and here I'm like 1:3 lol. It seems like a lot of people are hacking even on Punkbuster-equipped servers though :(

You really think so or is it just the newness of the game? Aside from the usual 'ohemgee hax' cries of the kiddies are there widespread cheats? If so it's not worth getting because it's primary play is online. One thing I rememberreading about COD4 though is that the game engine has wall and object shoot-through as a realistic feature, maybe that's what you thought was hacking.

You really think so or is it just the newness of the game? Aside from the usual 'ohemgee hax' cries of the kiddies are there widespread cheats? If so it's not worth getting because it's primary play is online. One thing I rememberreading about COD4 though is that the game engine has wall and object shoot-through as a realistic feature, maybe that's what you thought was hacking.

I'm usually the last to cry wolf when it comes to hacking, but when he shoots me through a wall I just got to and the kill cam shows I didn't pop my head out it's hard to believe. I've logged a few more hours, getting slightly better, I'm still not consistent though. Got a few 1:1 rounds in but sometimes I still suck it bad and go about 1:2. Not a bad improvement though for just a few hours play. I'm getting 'good' at this game a lot quicker than I did with CS.

dunno the SP is pretty sweet, for me its more than the MP
punkbuster is a joke

I agree the SP was really fun, it's actually too bad it's so short. I really liked the flashback mission where you go on the two-man mission with the Captain. When he got shot and you have to carry him I was like, Ah man you gotta be kidding me.

Newb moment from MP last night: I got through a choke point, went up to the second floor where a sniper was hiding out. Took out the guy guarding him with a silenced pistol, snuck up on him, and than instead of pressing V to melee him I crouched.:bang head Before I realized I pressed C instead of V guy turned out and shot me.

Any servers I should look for running something other than Punkbuster that are more secure?

don't think they run anything other than pb.playing bf2 as much as i do i just get use to hacks and leave when they come in if i am playing regular bf2 but i normaly play bf2 pro cause thats where most of the good players play and i hate nades

I loved that mission also, the game is just a perfect, I really am surprised how much i am enjoying the SP. I am on the last mission :(

I delayed too long on getting to Target so they were out of the PS3 version, but fortunately they still had some PC copies left.

Now I kinda feel bad for paying 60 for it when it first came out not too long ago. Oh the price to pay for having things first...

I am resolved to never ever buy a game within a week or even month of release nuless it's on some sale for ~$30 and I really want it. I have a back catalog of too many games as it is, and some strategy games that are never ending or have infinite replay as well means there's always something I can play. within a few months it seems like most games have at least a $10-20 sale somewhere and if you keep a list but hold off for a year or so you can get them really cheap plus the hardware will run them better ;) The main disadvantage there is if you're heavily into multiplayer the community can die out a bit after that long, but I suppose if that's the case the game may not have been that great anyway.

ya thats what sucked with bf2 after cod4 and crysis droped all the real comp players left there is still a hard core crew but there is hardly anyone in bf2 pro servers now and no one will scrim but ohh well my new card comes in a couple days then i can be a cool cod4 player

BF2 had a pretty long run though. It's kind of funny how people will drop one game for another, especially in the FPS genre where there aren't many real breakthroughs in gameplay, maybe my former online play experience being in an MMORPG which I stuck with for years means I don't quite understand it.

well there are still tons of ppl that play its just that all the good ppl have gone on maybe i can round up some ppl and take a shot at the twl league

Back