• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling all 200MHz-ers out there!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i read on a site somewhere that its better to have 6t than 5t since having 5t gives you NO preformance gain and having it on that will most likely just give you worse stablity...and may also lead to damage of your system...

your f-ing kidding me, you got a gig out of your cpu? on stock cooling??? that is awesome...still wont make me buy a intel cpu though...

DManeKid said:
your f-ing kidding me, you got a gig out of your cpu? on stock cooling??? that is awesome...still wont make me buy a intel cpu though...

Ya. I never would have thought over a gig overclock would be possible. But Intel proved it otherwise. I went from a 1800+ that wouldn't run stable @ 1633 (tho granted it was a first gen 1800+. It was the big and bad when I ran it.)

But just got up and noticed Prime 95 is still ruinning. Looks like its all good and stable at this speed. :)

hehe the p4's arent good folders though since stanford has yet to make the program use SSE 2 but that is still a great overclock...220 fsb was it? hehe i need to spend some money...never on intel tho...unless its for a laptop...

Memory always seems to go higher on Intel systems then on AMD.. So what does 220 FSB on a Intel might not get 200 max timings on AMD... But who knows. .heheh.. I have yet to see someone post what there getting on a AMD system with that newer Corsair.

DManeKid said:
hehe the p4's arent good folders though since stanford has yet to make the program use SSE 2 but that is still a great overclock...220 fsb was it? hehe i need to spend some money...never on intel tho...unless its for a laptop...

That is true without SSE2 optimizations in the software the P4 has quite the weak FPU.. Although I use my computer for everything but folding.. :)

with a kt333 highest i ever tried (and it was stable) is 7x210 with 2.65v. I KNOW i can go higher but i am not sure how much my graphic card can take

adamtekh said:
hey MrRuckus[RC] if u haven any huge lan party planed let me know , im about 45 minutes away

Haha, so funny you should ask that. We used to about once a month. Even started taking it to a Lake Oswego school in the Gym (Hooked up an Infocus projector, DVD, Klipsch, good background while playing CS, Q3, SOF2. heh).

This rig is gonna be watercooling/Pelt soon tho. Not sure when it will be done and how it will fare moving it to lans and what not. I'll keep ya posted tho if we do have another. Normally 12-16 hour affairs. good stuff.. :)

Edit: Reason I said 'used to' is because my brother just got laid off from the Schools IT dept (worked there for 2.5 years but still least seniority :rolleyes: )

BUT, we still have 2 people who work there and also Lan. They should be able to do the same. we'll see. :p

Hmm, I thought the KX7 can lock the PCI and AGP bus speeds at 33/66mhz ? Or am I just completely wrong... if that's the case then what divider are you using at such a crazy speed?

btw that's some nice ram you got there.. 210 at only 2.65v.. (especially if you're using aggressive times.. but still impressive if you're not)

Emericana said:
with a kt333 highest i ever tried (and it was stable) is 7x210 with 2.65v. I KNOW i can go higher but i am not sure how much my graphic card can take

ClayMan said:
Hmm, I thought the KX7 can lock the PCI and AGP bus speeds at 33/66mhz ? Or am I just completely wrong... if that's the case then what divider are you using at such a crazy speed?

btw that's some nice ram you got there.. 210 at only 2.65v.. (especially if you're using aggressive times.. but still impressive if you're not)

The KX7 is the KT333 chipset and you can select from either the 4th divider or the 5th divider..

So at 133 ya want the 4th divider to keep the PCI in spec at 33MHz... at 166FSB ya want to use the 5th divider so to keep it in spec at 33MHz... Anything above 166 with the 5th divider is gona overclock the PCI bus.. so... 200 divided by 5 is 40MHz for the PCI... not many divides out there will go that high and most likely the NIC card will poop out first hehe.

Now if the system only had a 6th divider at 200 we be all good. Gota wait for the KT400 for that fun..

So yeah unlike the Intel P4 systems ya cant lock the PCI buss at 33.. Would be nice hehe.

no it is with relaxed timings i got that speed.

today i tried it with 220FSB relaxed. I ran it on mem tester 3.0 for 9 hours just to make sure it was stable and it was.

booted into windows, and immediatly my hdd got currupted. had to format the whole system :(

at least i know i got killer ram!

i hope somebody makes a hacked bios patch that will add the 1/6 divisor to kt333 boards once the kt400 comes out. i know there have been patches to get the 1/5 divisor into kt266a boards.

ok this confirms it - i have no choice but to wait for KK400 or nforce2 then.. either that or go get a 1.6a northwood right now ;0 (which i probably won't do, i might as well just wait for the ddr prices to come back down)

the reason? my crappy radeon8500 dies at with more than 104fsb. that's right.. a lame 70mhz AGP. it can't handle an extra 4mhz of heat.

and the rest of my components have never been able to make it above 110mhz... 37mhz pci. i can rpobably thank my NIC and my hard drive for that one.

"the reason? my crappy radeon8500 dies at with more than 104fsb. that's right.. a lame 70mhz AGP. it can't handle an extra 4mhz of heat."

That's strange, I've run my Radeon 8500 at up to 150 FSB, and that's on a 440BX chipset! It only has a 2/3rd AGP divider so I was running 100 mhz on the AGP bus no problem. It's one of the reasons I still keep the card since the Ti500 I had would not handle over 73 mhz or so.

I've tested a bunch of sticks that do DDR400:

2-256 MB DTL sticks (0224), 200, 2.7 volts

1-512 MB DTL (0221), 206, 2.8 volts

1-512 MB Corsair XMS3200, Ver. 1.1 (Samsung CTL), 213, 2.8 volts (haven't tried higher)

2-256 MB CTL sticks (0208), 206, 2.8 volts. One stick will do 213. Haven't tried higher with one stick.

All the results above are on a P4B266-E, which locks out at 2.5-3-3-7 over DDR340 or so, so I couldn't test faster settings. But because it is an Intel 845D board, Sandra scores easily surpassed 3k.

When I had a P4S533 board, the 2-256 MB CTL sticks dated 0208 (same as in the VR-Zone article!) actually did 200, 2-2-2-5-1 using a mem ratio like 3:5 or something (2 sticks!). And I mean stable in 3D. But if I tried to do near 200 mhz at 4:5, had to drop down to 2.5-2-2-6-2. But I think it was because my CPU was near it's limit at around 158-160 FSB, plus the board is infamous for instability over 155 FSB due to the lack of an AGP/PCI lock or 1/5th divider.

BTW, I tried a recent batch of 2-256 CTL sticks (0225) and they would not do 200 mhz at all on the P4B266-E. Best they could do was around 193 at relaxed settings on an MSI board. So the 0224 DTL sticks actually performed better.

I can reach 202 with my OCZ pc3000 rev2 but I'm currently working on getting complete stability.
I think my CPU is the problem really but I'm not sure.
Oh! cas 2.5 and "by SPD" timing is what I use.

Back