• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling all Old Skool Gamers! Sign this petition!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great Idea. I signed the petition. I have an old 286 DOS machine I keep around solely to play Arkanoid on once and a while. My son bought Arkanoid when he was in high school. He would spend hours beating my high score, then I would do likewise beating his new mark. Last time he was here (he's now 31) we fired up the 286 and played some Arkanoid. It came on a "keyed" 5 1/4 inch diskette, so the distribution diskette MUST be in the drive for it to start up. Sorry, I'm not putting a 5 1/4 inch floppy in my new machine!!! If Taito released it as a freeware download, I wouldn't need the 5 1/4 floppy. Does Taito even exist as a company anymore?

Pudge

Wa11y said:
http://abandonware.mivox.com/

Please sign this petition. It asks game manufacturers to list games either 2 versions or 7 years old as abandonware. I don't know about most of you, but I cut my gaming teeth on some pretty old games, which would fall under this category. And I have the hardware to run them. So please, in the name of l33t gamers, sign this petition!

Signed!:cool:

Yea, what agood idea, wonder if the greedy industry would go for something like this:) . Good to see some one trying.:beer: <- This ones for you.

Back