• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone check if this is good enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beitch

I mostly work with adobe 2d graphic stuff and I wanted to play good graphic games without a hitch. What do you think about this build??

INTEL CORE-i5 4460

ASUS H97 PRO GAMER

ASUS GTX 980 TRIX 4GB DDR5 256bit

WD10EZEX Blue 1TB/7200 SATA 64MB

Kingston Hyper SAVAGE HX316C9SRK 8/1600

DVD 500

PSU SEAS0NIC 620W S12II

CASE ThermalTake Core V31

620w isn't overkill for anything. Extremely highly rated psu and its modular... .and its 60$. Its just fine. I do agree with the 980 being a bit on the high end of things. I'd get a 970 and go SLI in the future if you need an upgrade.

I didn't search the PSU, so I didn't know it was only $60. Good find, in that case.

I just figured the general "more watts, more money" policy applied, and that a 550w or even 450w would do him fine for cheaper. I don't think that's the case in this situation though.

Get a solid state hard drive.
If the PSU is 60 bucks, it's a steal...like Dlaw said...still overkill but you're not gonna anything else better for less. 620 watts is OVERKILL...but a good PSU rated at 620w is still a good deal!
What gaming are you doing? if you can't explain graphics resolution and your monitor resolution....you don't need ultra high end, a 970 will do well.
I may have mentioned an SSD is a wise investment. I'll recomend a Samsung EVO or crucial BX/MX for a value drive...pick your capacity.

Back