• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone tell me where to buy these online.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wade7575

Registered
I have looked everywhere and I can not find these online,newegg.com has it in stock but I'm from Canada so I can't order it,I would prefer the ASUS one for sure as it has 2 USB 3.1 A Type plug's and that's the kind of plug the Vantec Hard drive case's take.

I'm not even sure if the ASUS one is even released yet as no seems to stock it or has stocked it in the past,I'm just looking for a 5.25 Front Panel that support's USB 3.1 with Type A Port's Please help.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Accessories/USB-31-FRONT-PANEL/

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811990012

might some thing they silently released, might take a few months for stock to start showing up. around time you see sites reviewing it you should be able to find it in stock.

I guess I may have to just wait over find an ASRock Front Panel,what I really don't understand is in this review where they say that it may be a while before we see them hitting the market because the ASUS one use's Sata Express and the main gripe is that the pin configuration for the header on the Mobo has to still be figured out yet,but that Sata Express has been figured out why still keep holding it back.

If you ask me the best way to figure it out would be is to start selling the Sata Express ones first and once sales grow you can be sure they'll figure the rest in a hurry.

http://www.legitreviews.com/front-panel-support-for-usb-3-1-on-cases-still-months-away_163145

I'm surprised the motherboard connectors aren't standardized. OTOH I do recall a time when USB 2.0 front panels had pin by pin shell connectors to match any motherboard configuration. Maybe keeping that a secret is a competitive advantage. If Asus makes the panel and it only works with their mobo...

If you look at the ASUS Front Panel in the review and on their website it use's Sata Express so it should work in any Mobo so long as it has Sat Express and that is standardized from what I have read,I could understand it if they were making Mobo's with that had a Header on the Mobo like 3.0 but for 3.1 then I could understand it if they wanted to keep it a secret for as long as they could but to make so only their Panel could be used with their Mobo does not really make sense either as people would want something on their Front Panel they looking for like a Card reader and the ASUS does not have that.

I'm surprised the motherboard connectors aren't standardized. OTOH I do recall a time when USB 2.0 front panels had pin by pin shell connectors to match any motherboard configuration. Maybe keeping that a secret is a competitive advantage. If Asus makes the panel and it only works with their mobo...

Back