• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I do it? (upgrade my pc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aditya781

Registered
I want to play gta 5 on my pc. I have a very old pc with very low specs. My specs are -
Jetway 945gcm2s-a2-6h lga 775 motherboard
1.6 ghz pentium processor
2 gb Ddr2 ram
1 gb GeForce 210 gpu
160 gb hdd
Windows 7 32 bit
I don't have more than 2000 rupees (30 US dollars) to upgrade. I found some cheap components on Amazon which can let me play gta 5 with around 25 FPS (according to some YouTube videos). The components are-
Intel e6750 2.66 ghz processor (can be overclocked)
2 gb Ddr2 ram ( 2+2=4)
160 gb hdd ( to store the game)
I know that with these components I can play gta 5 but my question is that can these components be installed in my machine? Can I install the processor with no difficulty? Do I need to upgrade the bios before installing? Or after installing? Then can I install Windows 7 64 bit normally?
Plz help me I have no idea about upgrading processor and 32 bit to 64 bit. BTW I am 15 years old, so try to speak plain English.

Last edited:
I already told you what I can buy. Those components I found on Amazon are about 1900 rupees

The E6750 should work fine in your motherboard, also the memory, Windows 7 64 Bit you have to have the key.

When you load the windows 7 64 Bit software you need a long number called a key to register the software with Microsoft. Do you have a DVD or USB with windows 7 64 Bit?

I don't have the DVD but I can get it from a guy I know. Does normal instalation need key (like upgrading from Windows Vista to 7)? If it does, then he might have it.

The CPU you are looking at is overclockable but does your jetway motherboard have overclocking adjustments in the bios?

I couldnt really find any information about oc with that board, from the pics there is no vrm cooling so its not recomended
I guess I have a different definition on what playable is but from the videos with everything turned down to the lowest possible settings, the game still gets pretty laggy to the point where I say it becomes unplayable and it does it alot

Imo, just save your money and put it to a new system

If you can overclock a little like to 3.2 0GHz I would give that a try first start at 2.5-3.0Ghz. I would not worry about VRM cooling most of it is not necessary unless you are going to clock over 4.0GHz with a 775.

Back