• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i get lower temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaron6817

under load oc @4.5 with my 212 evo push pull config. i am getting 60c
haf 912 caes with 2 120mm exhaust fans on top and 1 120mm exhaust fan in rear, any tips on what i can do to get cooler temps? 60c seems high if you ask me.:bang head

Temps seek fine with the information given... Hardly any. :p.

What are your ambient temps? What do you call load? We call it a stress test like prime 95... Please define.

i didn't stress test with prime,ambient temp 70f I use sony vegas10 to render,capture and video edit. I have been out of the loop for a while.I just been using my T600 think pad and my Mac book pro Oh and my old P4 3.2GHz for dvd back ups printing and saving Docs. light work. My setup runs great with no issues so far. I just think i can get the temps down. i still have room for a 120mm or a 140mm fan and 2 120mm fans or a 200mm fan.

Thank you guys.

You still didn't give us a load temp lol. Unless your load temp you specified was under a rendering 100% load in vegas?

A 3570k being Ivy Bridge can go a lot higher than 60c under 100% loading (up to 90? ish?) though being an i5 I personally would rather keep it under 80.

Run about 30mins of Prime 95 Blend to give us a general idea of your max temps over your cores. If you're still maxing out around 60 degrees you're golden. At 4.5ghz with a Hyper 212 Evo I'd expect 70-75 degrees voltage dependent.

You're breaking 98C on the hottest core, that would be a bit too close for comfort in my opinion. I'd try to keep all the cores around low 90s (where core 1 and core 4 are at right now). 4.5GHz is a pretty high overclock for a Hyper212, most people I know only would get to the 4.2-4.3GHz range before getting too hot.

Wow ill lower oc what type of coolers should I be looking at for higher oc

Every chip is different, so nobody can tell you for sure. Also depends on how far you've overclocked and overvolted. You should see significant gains over the Hyper212+ though, that's a medium-low end air heatsink, and the H80i trumps pretty much all air heatsinks out there.

Check your case ventilation. A 212 Evo will keep a 3930k under 62C at full load in an 85F room. Additionally, upgrade the fans and check your BIOS settings.

I ll add some ventilation and see what happens im looking to get the Gentle Typhoon AP30 if i can find them

Back