• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can it be done? (PIII's to 1.2 GHz)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pinky said:

I think batboy is being precautionary, that's all. He's not trying to denounce or ridicule anyone or thing, he's just asking that we keep the expectations to a minimum.

If I expect to hit 1.60mhz with my chip, but don't, I'd be disappointed, and might even take bigger risks with voltages/etc to try and achieve what another member was able to accomplish with the same speed chip and setup. In the process of pushing the limits I fry my chip. I get sore at the forums because they "told me" (and I've seen these posts) that I could go this high and they broke my chip!! Batboy is trying to prevent these incidents from occurring. If we say the realistic overclock for any P3 cD0 is 1.20GHZ, but some have made it as high as 1.4, fine. But to use 1.4 as a possibility for most is like promising all children they will be President or superstars.

Thank you... Pinky. You're right. You explained it to me very well. I got it now.. My apology to Batboy.. I'm sorry.. if that's what you meant, I'm sorry for preassuming what you meant. You're right in this case. :(

Back