• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can/should i expect more from my tbred b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aowen512

Registered
well ive played around quite a bit with diff settings and right now i run really well/stable at 214/10.5 so roughly 2250 mhz

ive had it at 200/11.5 which is 2300 for along time (prior to adding nb and chips to mobo)

question 1) i like my current settings (because of fsb) but would the overall 50mhz be better than the overall bonus of fsb?

question 2) can/should i expect higher mhz from my chip... dont know the model/steppings right now but i do know it was a tbred b 2600+ rating and stock 2083 which i believe is the 166 fsb

question 3) whats the highest you guys have/heard of these chips going? ive googled and only a few times did i read about it, but ive found that 2.2 is about the usual high(but from an untrustworthy sources) so im asking here if you guys can give me some insight

rig:

abit nf7-s (rev2), slk 900 w/ AS5 and 45 cfm TT fan on it, also have a new nb but its passive(no fan) but very good cant remember brand, also have microcools mosfets chips inplace on the board
6800gt @ 425/1200 <--- not bad far as ive seen (its a leadtech with that massive arse copper heatsink on it)
2 hitachi 80gb satas in raid0
2x512mb kingston hyperx 3500 cl2 (only make 2.5 now :p )
some old school shiesty case pos that ived hacked up doing this and that on it... all and all its from like 1996 or something :bang head

if i cant get this any higher, im buying a xp-m 2500 barton because ive heard great things about how high that chip goes... well atleasted past 2.3 which is what im looking for and it has more mem on the chip so just reply back with your thoughts fellas

thx!!!!!

Keep pushing it till you max it out. 2.3 -2.4 may be possible. You may need to add volts though. If your memorys good for 215 raise the multi drop the fsb and then gradually go back up to 215 and run prime95 for stability. If you can get to 215 x 11 then you done well. Good luck

well ive had my volts up around 1.9-1.93 and could finally get it to boot with 11X215 but it would only hold for say a min or two before BSoD so it is not stable at all ill try 12x200 and see if i cnat get it stable at that and post back

thx for ur replies

ok ive got it going pretty high.... im guessing perhaps my fsb was just too high ive got it at 12x203 and what i had not realized was how low my nf7 was undervolting after looking at the volts with mbm5 and cpuz etc when i have the nf7 set on 1.93 its vdimm is actually 1.875 so when i had the nf7 set at 1.825 u can only imagine how low it had been then running at 10.5x214 so i dont think that was too bad for that

can someone help me upload some pictures... a free image uploading site or something and i will post what im at right now so you guys can have a looksy!

:)

12 x 203 is very good is it prime95 stable though if not you will get bsod or crashes lock ups etc. I neeeded 1.81volts to get 2300 on an xp2400 desktop.

ok ive got my pics uploaded.... and its at 12x205 :)
ran hot cpu tester pro 6 hours...

runs about 42 right now... was about 37 idle before... i might try lowering the volts to see how low i can it to reduce some heat but if the performance is there i might just go with it

anyway here is the screenshot

my.php

can someone help me get this uploaded.. ive got it on imageshack but dont know html code :bang head and not sure how to make it show instead of just linking you to the picture :rolleyes:

also.... ive relaxed my mem timings so i plan on tonite trying to raise my fsb a bit more and really see what this chip can do wish me luck!

Looks like your doing well. Temps will rise as your raise the volts and fsb. 42 is not a problem.

55 underload would be getting a bit high, i would keep the load under that to be on the safe side.

I've got up to ~2.35GHz at 1.9v but the voltages fluctuate & it crashes. I need some better cooling before I'll try higher (the next higher setting should allow for a good voltage range that'll keep it stable).

Back