• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Someone Check Over My Settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrLarkins

I've tried to get the most out of this RAM, but I'm no expert...you folks are. When I look at CPU-z, something doesn't seem right. Maybe it's just me. 200602134108.jpg 200602134129.jpg 200602134221.jpg CPUZ1.PNG CPUZ2.PNG CPUZ3.PNG CPUZ4.PNG

I feel as if I have set DOCP correctly, but it isn't running at XMP speeds.

Thanks for looking.

Is your system failing to post on reboot and for some reason reverting to 2133MHZ?

Try not using DOCP and setting things manually, timings seem right just the speed is off.

Is your system failing to post on reboot and for some reason reverting to 2133MHZ?

Try not using DOCP and setting things manually, timings seem right just the speed is off.

Hey, thanks for looking. I thought something was off. No, it doesn't fail to post. I'll try turning DOCP off and posting new screenshots.

Ok, I disabled DOCP, and set it to manual 200602142526.jpg 200602142557.jpg 200602142625.jpg 200602143814.jpg cpuz5.PNG cpuz6.PNG

I tried to edit the DRAM timings, but I was not allowed to do any changes. The timings are all stuck on 'AUTO'
Still seems the wrong frequency.

mem.JPG
1) can you set it to manual?
2) dont set to auto.
3) leave dram to 1.35V

Last edited:
I tried that, twice, just now and the result was it wouldn't post.
200602152118.jpg
I had to clear the bios and try again. My third attempt was to turn DOCP back on. when i did, i noticed it changed a lot of the settings on its own.
200602153027.jpg
now, CPU-z is showing correctly.? i think??? yes??
cpuz7.PNG

Are you aware that CPU-z does not report the DDR frequency but the base frequency which will be half of DDR (Double Data Rate).

Do you have the latest bios installed on the motherboard?

You might also try bumping up the voltage a bit like from 1.35 to 1.4. The sub timings may be just a little aggressive for the IMC and sometimes a little extra voltage can overcome that.

yes your third screenshot looks to be correct.

I always find restoring factory default settings before changing any memory settings to be a helpful practice.

yes your third screenshot looks to be correct.

I always find restoring factory default settings before changing any memory settings to be a helpful practice.
This.

When things go wonky... start over with a CMOS refresh/optimized defaults and start again.

But so long as you have the latest BIOS for the board, enable DOCP and everything should boot/work as your last screen shot shows.

Back