• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED can someone recomend a good mobo with p67 or z68 chipsets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frederic2707

Hi i bought a intel 2600 i7 and am looking for a goid mobo under 100 euros and it has to have a p67 or z68 mobo because the 2600 non k can be overclocked 400mhz optional is a blue and black color scheme but not extremely important
Also usb 3.0 is optional

Gigabyte boards will match your color scheme. Since you won't be doing much overclocking, any will do.

Asus motherboards are generally very good ones. But they generally cost more. I've not used the P67 evo. But I had a P8P67 B3.0. It was a pretty good overclocker, which may keep the cost higher. My wife's machine has a P8P67 now. Her's is the smaller M model. It doesn't overclock as well. We didn't overclock her machine. She likes things simple, quiet and reliable.

I'd Google around and read some of the reviews and comparisons. These will tell you what to expect.

You said you have a budget of 100 euros. My question is if you're willing to wait a bit and save more, could that budget amount increase?

BachOn

My question is why are you looking at P67/Z68 boards? Why not Z77? The Z77 can hold the turbo multiplier as well...

By the way whixh cooler should i get the cm 212 evo or the artic freezer 15 temporarily and after that a antec h2o 620 or thermalright silver arrow

Yes i read the full review at the bottom sounds OK, well nice to be of a help regards to you and the wife. Enjoy your new build there in Belgium see you again soon. AJ.

P.S. Don't foget to click Solved and if you like the thanks button for me!

The only problem I see with the other boards are that there isnt any cooling on the VRM side of things. So make sure your case has decent airflow to keep those lower end boards power bits cool when overclocking as those boards just arent made for it. Sadly, you need to pay to play.

The only problem I see with the other boards are that there isnt any cooling on the VRM side of things. So make sure your case has decent airflow to keep those lower end boards power bits cool when overclocking as those boards just arent made for it. Sadly, you need to pay to play.

I am still deciding which case to get the zalman z11+ 5 fans already installed or the cm haf 912 plus

Back