• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Its that time again...i need a New Computer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks Bob...i am narrowed down i think...the only think kinda left is MOBO and PSU,
was thinking of a Seasonic Bronze Certified, something like 620/650.
Will go with a GTX 960 2GB and a 5820K.

for $10-15 more you can get a 4GB 960 instead of the 2GB. Probably worth it to get the extra memory.

The 5820k is the right choice. It's not worth $200 for the next step up unless you need all of those PCI express lanes, which you won't.

Thanks Bob, i was reading about it, changed my mind, will go with a X99 PRO, someone
told me i should stick to the X99A but i like the BlueTooth and WiFi idea on the Pro.
The only thing left is which RAM and Cooler.

Thanks

Thanks Bob, i was reading about it, changed my mind, will go with a X99 PRO, someone
told me i should stick to the X99A but i like the BlueTooth and WiFi idea on the Pro.
The only thing left is which RAM and Cooler.

Thanks

For long term reliability, definitely go with noctua's offerings. The NH-D's are pretty much the best. Check out that review of the scythe ninja on the front page though, those were some intriguing results. And just get some 3k+ speed ram and call it a day. G skill is where many of our loyalties lay here on this site, and for good reason.

I changed some of the stuff...the one on the right actually has bad reviews, lol.

Be careful with "reviews". Make sure youre looking at what we should call "qualified" reviews.

For example ->
2/5 eggs
" Very unstable so far, Hanging every 30 minutes."

And it starts with
"I don't know its even the motherboard for sure causing the problems."

theres a disqualified review.

1/5 eggs for
"Newegg Has Incorrect Description"

1/5 eggs for
"BIOS corrupted, RMA fail, customer service fail"
Followed by
"The motherboard's BIOS corrupted when I attempted to perform a flash update"

2/5 eggs from a guy using ai suite to overclock and complains about instability and high temps.

Literally every negative was very likely user incompetence or a lack of research. Newegg having a bad description is pretty bogus, but I am 100% sure they would have returned it if he didn't throw the box away (which i am suspicious about anyway, who throws the box away before testing the system?).

Heres a more proper review

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1612&page=26

It "should" be the same board with 3.1 features added on. Im not 100% on that, so do your homework.

Thank Bob and yes you are right, a lot of stuff is related to user issues rather then the part it self.
I did some more research today, i am set on that MOBO anyways even though i did not change in
the list yet. I need some more research on the cooling system and thats it. I do not want something
huge to overhang but i also don't wanna melt my CPU, i might be overclocking.

Thanks

Thank Bob and yes you are right, a lot of stuff is related to user issues rather then the part it self.
I did some more research today, i am set on that MOBO anyways even though i did not change in
the list yet. I need some more research on the cooling system and thats it. I do not want something
huge to overhang but i also don't wanna melt my CPU, i might be overclocking.

Thanks

NH-D154lyfe lol

Lolllllllll...ggrrhhh i have the 12 on this machine and it still sucks...
i was thinking to go with the 9 and one fan, lol.

And the parts are finally here in my room, thanks MicroCenter:

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window Edition (with 3 Fans)
MOBO: ASUS SaberTooth X99 USB 3.1
GFX: ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC Edition 2GB
CPU: Intel I7 5820K
RAM: 4x8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series, PC4 21300
Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S (1Fan)
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 650
Storage:
SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D
WD BLACK SERIES 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
CD/DVD/BD: LG Black 16X

Back