• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you guys help settle a disagreement?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
fluxcapacitor said:
My uncle is trying to tell me that he's been reading up on the Athlon architecture and I'm better off getting a desktop Barton for my 2nd system instead of another mobile 2500. He's saying that because desktop chips are rated at a higher fsb than a mobile, bandwidth will be better with a desktop chip. I told him he's full of ****. AMDs rated fsb speed is not a limiting factor assuming the rest of the components in can handle whatever bus speed your going to through at it is my understanding. Any input?

1. Your uncle successfully told you, but you were smart enough not to listen.

2. He probably really is full of ****, like my mother.

3. Kids at school think its a bad idea to build PCs because you don't get Dell customer support. This is only a bad idea because they know little about computers. The mobiles are rated at lower speeds, but they perform about as well as or better than high-end desktop chips.

Back