• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you paint monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Vito said:
Ive painted old cases with black vinyl dye paint.....I'm wondering if you can paint monitors if you mask off all the important stuff.
My biege white monitors are looking kinda dingy......Id like to do them in black also......whattaya think?

....hey, you gave me an IDEA there!!!! hehe

lol u guys probibly do the better job and take the time but for my'n i just got some sponge and cut it the same shape as the holes in the top of my monitor but i made them tall so they stuck out lots so i just stuffed them in the holes and painted the monitor and bingo take the painted sponges out and it was nic and neet th only thing that wasent painted was inside the holes but w/e my desk covers the monitors so no one will ever tell o ya i did this to both of my monitors at the same time and i used spray paint lol sanded then recoated and it looks pro

Yes it is possible as you can tell from all these other people who have done. Like they said it's better to take it appart then to mask it off. If you mask it off your risking your monitor getting messed up if you take it appart you risking your life, lol well not really your life but just be carefull there is a deadly shock. You will do fine Mod on Mate.:D

Orange Fire. said:
Yes it is possible as you can tell from all these other people who have done. Like they said it's better to take it appart then to mask it off. If you mask it off your risking your monitor getting messed up if you take it appart you risking your life, lol well not really your life but just be carefull there is a deadly shock. You will do fine Mod on Mate.:D

why would you get a elekto shock when you have the monitor off the power? I mean nobody will be so stupid to take a monitor apart while it's hooked up to the powerline !?!?!?!?

It has Capacitors in it (layman's term: little battery's) They hold a charge even when the monitor is unplugged and can take a while to discharge. What can happen... look at my post above that has my wire strippers. Most will not do this some can!! and all you would have to do it put you finger across it.. if the voltage is high enough.

Back