• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Canada eh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

finch

Registered
so this is how i keep my computer cold in Canada. just went down to home depot and got some flexible duct and some tape,went form a idle temp of 33-35 to 20-25.
ak000002.jpg

cant wait to see what the temp are like at night:D

lol, I have been tempted to do that. My temps are actually higher in the winter since we are usually running the furnace more often.

Oh god your room must be so cold. I'm in Newfoundland in a basement where it's only like -7 outside and I'm already frozen with a HAF932 by my feet. Where are you? I imagine if you're somewhere on the plains you would get horrifying performance.

Oh god your room must be so cold. I'm in Newfoundland in a basement where it's only like -7 outside and I'm already frozen with a HAF932 by my feet. Where are you? I imagine if you're somewhere on the plains you would get horrifying performance.

I live in Toronto so its only -5 max right now so its pretty chilly.

Make sure you watch your components for condensation. You want to be careful about mixing cold outside air with warm air from your room.

-40'c FTW!!!

^ damn that must get pretty loud eh?

Also the only downside I see with this is the increase in heating bills, I have seen more permanent solutions where the duct is fully sealed off so need for a window. Similar to what is seen with dryers.

I live in Toronto so its only -5 max right now so its pretty chilly.

Jack Frost was biting last night, 25 F 12 hours ago, but that didn't last long.

Not like that for a while in Toronto. It's like Springfield, with 33 F for night or higher! lol! At least for about 2 days.

It's too wet right now! O_O

Back