• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot figure out this problem - Links redirected to tkqlhce.com??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thideras said:
Here is an all-in-one:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=497648

Hope you get this resolved!! :bday:
thanks... will give it a go (when i have time)

eaglescouter said:
run a hijackthis log and get it analyzed.

Inside msconfig:
Disable non-microsoft/non-critical services.
Disable all unknown items in the startup list.

it's tough to know what to disable, sometimes... but thx

i still haven't figured out this problem... even had one of my IT friends remote desktop and try a couple things... he never got back to me, but I can see he made some changes...

this SUCKS.

chevelle, i'll try that... whatever it does... i'll try ANYTHING at this point.

i checked out some of what my friend did last night, and he disabled almost all services and startups in msconfig. he left a couple things on, but i'm sure they were things he shouldn't have turned off... he knows what he's doing, but i was playing on my 360 while he did this all... by the time i would have called him it was midnight and i had to hit the sack.

i'll chat with him today, and see what more he has to say, but hopefully i'll get to this prog you linked me to tonight. thx again.

Startup regedit, go to Edit > Find and do a search for tkqlhce. May also want to try a search for NameServer to see if a DNS hijack has embedded itself in there somewhere. You might even want to try to do a nslookup on configure.us.dell.com and see what is returned.

Don't delete anything if found...report any findings first. Removing entries can cause you to loose any ability to browse.

Jon said:
Startup regedit, go to Edit > Find and do a search for tkqlhce. May also want to try a search for NameServer to see if a DNS hijack has embedded itself in there somewhere. You might even want to try to do a nslookup on configure.us.dell.com and see what is returned.

Don't delete anything if found...report any findings first. Removing entries can cause you to loose any ability to browse.
thx man... guess i'll try that tonight.

so literally try to look for "nameserver", or was that a variable?

No, do an actual search for "nameserver". I can't remember the exact key, but a DNS redirect is possible using the registry even if TCP/IP properties shows something else.

Jon said:
No, do an actual search for "nameserver". I can't remember the exact key, but a DNS redirect is possible using the registry even if TCP/IP properties shows something else.
I could not find tkqlhce anywhere...

i found a NAMESERVER in my regedit... i'm assuming this is what it's supposed to be?

Regedit Path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Dhcp\Parameters\Options\44\

its value name is:
RegLocation

its value data is:
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters\Interfaces\Tcpip_?\DhcpNameServerList
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Adapters\?\DhcpNameServer

How is this website allowed to do this CRAP!???

and i couldn't figure out how to do nslookup... i tried configure.us.dell.com and didn't get to a page

Go to a command prompt type and type nslookup. You will get a > prompt. Put in configure.us.dell.com and hit enter. It should look something like this:
Code:
> configure.us.dell.com
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    configure.ins.dell.com
Address:  143.166.83.15
Aliases:  configure.us.dell.com

Mine only shows unknown because I'm using my router as a forwarder.

Okay, here's what I got... (i'm assuming it didn't help from the looks of it):

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
> configure.us.dell.com
Server: dhcp25.srv.prnynj.cv.net
Address: 167.206.245.16

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: configure.ins.dell.com
Address: 143.166.224.188
Aliases: configure.us.dell.com

=/ gnite (4 now)

Have you tried lowering the browser security level? The address you're being redirected to is a valid redirect used by alot of places to generate click revenue...yours is just not working correctly for some reason.

LOWERING the browser security? i guess i could try, but why do i have to alter anything... :(

also, what is click revenue?? is that when you click on a link from a certain site and the site you go to pays the original site (or something along those lines)... i think i only have this problem when i click on a link from slickdeals... it doesn't do it for ALL links from slickdeals, but some. i got another one last night... check it out:

(spaces added at "http" so that you can view)
h t t p://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?u1=sduidp0t0&id=lw9MynSeamY&offerid=84649.10000119&type=10&tmpid=442&RD_PARM1=http%253A%252F%252Fconfigure.us.dell.com%252Fdellstore%252Fconfig.aspx%253Fcs%253D19%2526kc%253D6vaff%2526oc%253Ddndaea1

this is the slickdeals deal that caused this problem for me: link
check out post #2. EVERY SINGLE LINK in post#2 that goes to dell.com is causing this "CLICK" error. The only link that works in post#2 is the link that says "Discuss"... but that makes sense since it's linking within its own website.

It seems that any time I click on a link on slickdeals.net that directs to dell.com is when I get this click error.
I'll see if any other websites links on slickdeals does that, but I don't believe so... it's so far been strictly dell links that are linked from slickdeals. I know that the links from slickdeals have some secret tag within the link to let the website know where the link came from... must be related to that.

You shouldn't have to alter anything, but you're the one with the issue :\

Those links are supposed to register your click with wherever the redirector is at (tkqlhce.com, linksynergy.com) then shoot you to the real site. You're just not getting the full redirect...you're getting stuck at the redirector. There has to be some sort of setting that is not allowing the redirect to take place...or a shared .dll somewhere that all your browsers are using is borked. I can't really think of anything else. Considering it's not only IE, I guess security settings aren't the cause. All that's left are firewalls, antivirus, web proxy, etc. that may be installed.

Jon said:
You shouldn't have to alter anything, but you're the one with the issue :\

Those links are supposed to register your click with wherever the redirector is at (tkqlhce.com, linksynergy.com) then shoot you to the real site. You're just not getting the full redirect...you're getting stuck at the redirector. There has to be some sort of setting that is not allowing the redirect to take place...or a shared .dll somewhere that all your browsers are using is borked. I can't really think of anything else. Considering it's not only IE, I guess security settings aren't the cause. All that's left are firewalls, antivirus, web proxy, etc. that may be installed.
ohhhhhhhhhhhh i get it... i get it i get it.

i get what you're saying, but that doesn't solve my problem haha.

but it makes complete sense now... i can't believe it took me this long to realize this... i should have thought of it initially.

i wonder if a slickdeals mod/admin would have heard about this b4... should i waste my time trying one of them?

g0dM@n said:
i wonder if a slickdeals mod/admin would have heard about this b4... should i waste my time trying one of them?

There's nothing they can do for you...their links are working. I've tried them on 3 different systems at home and here at work without a single problem. There's just something that's intercepting that redirect and isn't allowing it to pass through, which is why I suggested the browser security (but that wouldn't account for it happening on other browsers in the same manner - they all handle it a little differently). There has to be something running externally that is blocking specific redirects.

Jon said:
There's nothing they can do for you...their links are working. I've tried them on 3 different systems at home and here at work without a single problem. There's just something that's intercepting that redirect and isn't allowing it to pass through, which is why I suggested the browser security (but that wouldn't account for it happening on other browsers in the same manner - they all handle it a little differently). There has to be something running externally that is blocking specific redirects.
you're good, Jon... you're good!! :) :)

well if i ever figure this out b4 losing my mind and reformatting, i'll be sure to post my findings. wish me luck.

does anyone want to help me figure this out? otherwise, i'm going for a format...

the ONLY reason i want to figure it out is curiousity. if i have this problem, someone else will in the future. i don't know of ANYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD with this same issue. i've googled and googled and i seem to be the only one with this prob.

anyone want to figure this out with me... perhaps we can have it on the Wiki Pedia site (although i've never done an article and don't have a login)?

I wish I could help. I was hoping when I clicked on the link that you where going to tell me that you fixed it.

Good Luck!

Back