• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot figure out this problem - Links redirected to tkqlhce.com??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, so I had formatted my machine on Sept. 5th (about a month ago), and it wasn't doing this link problem up until 2 days ago when my friend went to show me something.

So anyway, I freshly formatted my machine, installed a bunch of stuff (wish I checked after EACH install), and then came to this thread to check the link.

The problem is back YET AGAIN, and I also get it at work... I just wish I knew what the hell this CRAP is. It's VERY annoying... I have to copy and paste each shortcut, and then remove the reference part of the hyperlink.

It works fine for links from fatwallet b/c it'll say something like fatwallet.com/blahblah...then the link. This way FW gets credit for the link.

But... from slickdeals, sometimes it doesn't work that way, and I have NO WAY around it!!

I googled around and there's also another site that does this garbage-type stuff... clickserv.... other ppl have the problem, but I still don't know a pure fix to it.

I just still cannot believe how many few ppl are getting this. I wonder what it's from??? Perhaps my GMAIL MANAGER I have installed? It works as a plugin with firefox.

Here's some stuff I'm reading through:
Fatwallet FAQ about FatCash
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=33&threadid=751554&newest=1#last (perhaps the cash back solution may help me here)
http://dealnews.com/about/faq.html

Last edited:
i'm still not sure, but i think Webroot SpySweeper was the cause of this problem... there seems to have been TWO processes that run it. In addition, there is 1 entry in msconfig>startup, and then 2-3 in services. I disabled them all and that was able to fix the redirect issue.

But this was on my machine @ work... I still have to see why I get the problem elsewhere...

So... making progress! :D

I would suggest you download hi jack removal software.
If you would read the entire thread, you would see that it is not a spyware/adware/hosts problem. There is a program/something external interfering with the redirect.

If you would read the entire thread, you would see that it is not a spyware/adware/hosts problem. There is a program/something external interfering with the redirect.

thx.

well, i did figure it out @ my job... webroot spyware has hidden services in addition to just the GUI... but... that was @ my job.

@ home, i had tried disabling everything and still it was a no go, so who knows... though now i'm on a new windows install @ home and so far so good. i reformatted solely b/c of this stupid problem. :(

as for @ work, i still can't figure out why i cannot stay logged into OCF... my password and username are saved, but i have to click LOG IN every single time i close firefox or reboot the machine. sometimes if i close firefox and open right away it will stay logged in, but most of the time no... it's weird... like it's on a TIMER or something, or perhaps a lease expires and then when i close/reopen firefox all forums, email logins and such are all logged out. GAY!

thx.

well, i did figure it out @ my job... webroot spyware has hidden services in addition to just the GUI... but... that was @ my job.

@ home, i had tried disabling everything and still it was a no go, so who knows... though now i'm on a new windows install @ home and so far so good. i reformatted solely b/c of this stupid problem. :(

as for @ work, i still can't figure out why i cannot stay logged into OCF... my password and username are saved, but i have to click LOG IN every single time i close firefox or reboot the machine. sometimes if i close firefox and open right away it will stay logged in, but most of the time no... it's weird... like it's on a TIMER or something, or perhaps a lease expires and then when i close/reopen firefox all forums, email logins and such are all logged out. GAY!
Try removing Fx and reinstalling it, the problem may go away. Does it do it in IE also? :eh?:

Try removing Fx and reinstalling it, the problem may go away. Does it do it in IE also? :eh?:

just firefox... i've tried removing firefox and even tried removing firefox in registry, as well as local settings and application settings. :(

I've narrowed it down... the problem with the redirect links is with Mozilla Firefox for SURE...

Now, does anyone know how to MANUALLY configure it to say ALLOW ALL links for this:
www.tkqlhce.com/*

Asterisk is for ANYTHING after that. This is just an example of one.

If you open up your firefox and type "about:config" you'll see a whole list of manually configurable things.

Hey Bro

I'm getting redirecs in both Firefox and Internet Explorer to Commission Junction.

Hey Bro

I'm getting redirecs in both Firefox and Internet Explorer to Commission Junction.

you're probably getting it b/c of another 3rd party program, like an Internet Security software. For example, Kasperksy does it to me sometimes, but I blame Firefox for this one of mine b/c IE doesn't do it, and even with Kaspersky completely off Firefox still does it and IE doesn't...

I'm looking into this here:
http://legroom.net/howto/firefox
(explains to manually edit some files, but i doesn't show how to do it)

and this:
http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html

very interesting thread.

I'd be interested about two things...

1.) if you boot xp into safe mode does it redirect? (w/ xp as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key)

2.) have you tried Firefox in it's safe mode? should be another icon in your All Programs ff folder

do you have the noscript extension? that will stop all redirects from slickdeals.

very interesting thread.

I'd be interested about two things...

1.) if you boot xp into safe mode does it redirect? (w/ xp as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key)

2.) have you tried Firefox in it's safe mode? should be another icon in your All Programs ff folder
I read up to try Firefox in safe mode last night, but didn't get to it... I VERY STRONG FEEL that if I do (which hopefully I get to it tonight), that it will fix my problem... but... that's proving nothing but the fact that firefox is preventing the redirect, which is why I provided the links in my previous post about how to edit firefox manually. I will give it a shot for safe mode.

See... IE is fine, so that's why I'm almost certain it's FF.

do you have the noscript extension? that will stop all redirects from slickdeals.

noscript extension? what's that, bud? also... I don't want to STOP the redirects. I want them to work as I'm on slickdeals and all those sites ALL the time.

Ah no, I thought you might have it installed. When I first installed noscript, all the redirects from fatwallet/slickdeals broke.

Your problem sounds like an extension/internet protection that prevents any scripts(which are usually malicious, but also redirect like in slickdeals' case) from running. I would check all your antivirus or browser settings and look for a "prevent scripts from running"... its probably a javascript redirect.

Back