• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot get 920 to stay stable @ 4.0ghz to save my life.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LUV2oc

Registered
I have a c0/c1 revision dunno the batch number i accidentally threw away my box .

Untitled3.jpg

I disabled ht and had to use turbo mode to get it there and for some reason when i disable ht the workers in prime fail so i cant get a reading on if this is stable or not.

Are you sure the chip can do 190 BCLK?

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT with 120mm Scythe S-Flex F fan
ASUS EAH4850 TOP Radeon HD 4850 512MB @ 680 MHz GPU & 2100 MHz Memory
Antec nine hundred case, two front 120mm fans, one back 120mm Fan, one top 200mm fan
Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=595403

board may no like the 21x multi when ocing, try using 19 or 18 but that means a higher BCLK.

Turn off turbo and see if it is stable at 190 bclk. Like Evil said some boards out there do not like the x20 multi either. Try to go with 19x200 and see what stability you have. Those dominators you have will hit way over 1600 so if you cant stay stable at 200bclk with similar voltages to what I will list below, your chip may not be able to go much further than it is already.

As mentioned above all voltages are needed in order to accurately give you advice.

Try these:
1.35v QPI
cpu voltage looks good from ss
IOH 1.2v
Enable LLC (load line calibration)
disable HTT (for now anyway)

Last edited:
Sry for not writing down my volts guy, i did what henzo said and
Untitled6.jpg
Prime doesnt blend test the workers shut down as soon as i activate.

dump that cpu on ebay and get a D0, 1.4 is way to much for 4.0ghz HT off most chips can pass linx with flying colors below 1.4v. Dump it on ebay before the value drops further. You don't have much headroom left considering the voltages you are running.

Try upping the QPI to 1.42v it should help stablize your ram settings.

dump that cpu on ebay and get a D0, 1.4 is way to much for 4.0ghz HT off most chips can pass linx with flying colors below 1.4v. Dump it on ebay before the value drops further. You don't have much headroom left considering the voltages you are running.

Try upping the QPI to 1.42v it should help stablize your ram settings.

Well money wise i just built this comp and that really isnt an option for me right now. Any other suggestions?

try lowering the mem multi, may be a not good mem controller on the chip

I dunno if it is my mobo or the chip but i gave up and went auto on all voltages have turbo enabled with ht. This is alot more fical than my e6600 system when it comes to adjusting volts it seems.But i have it running stable @ 4.0ghz so far. *edit* nm just crashed i'll just chalk it up to being a bad chip to oc with i guess.
Untitled7.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno if it is my mobo or the chip but i gave up and went auto on all voltages have turbo enabled with ht. This is alot more fical than my e6600 system when it comes to adjusting volts it seems.But i have it running stable @ 4.0ghz so far. *edit* nm just crashed i'll just chalk it up to being a bad chip to oc with i guess.
View attachment 72684

I'm guessing you had your QPI voltage way too low :) auto fixed that.

Back