• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Access Bios/UEFI on my Gigabyte Motherboard After Windows 10 April Update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
W10 updates frequently set a bunch of stuff back to default. Drove me nuts having to go re-do everything after updates. Windows 10 is the unsupervised-slow-kid-in-Toys R Us of operating systems.

Indeed, this is the biggest problem I've run into with Windows 10: undoing your working settings. That and changing drivers for older devices that worked for new drivers that don't work.

Indeed, this is the biggest problem I've run into with Windows 10: undoing your working settings. That and changing drivers for older devices that worked for new drivers that don't work.

Aside from my privacy issues with W10, it is the most obnoxious, arrogant code I have ever had pollute a C:\ drive. I don't mind the jackasses in Redmond assuming they're smarter than most people. I mind them assuming they're smarter than ALL people. That OS is one step short of ransomware.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Windows 10 hater. There are a lot of things I like about it. But the general and increasingly so trend over the years with OS's is the shift of control from the end user or IT admin to the OS developers. Personally, I often feel they are generally out of touch with what users really want and fancy themselves as trend setters.

They're out of touch because they don't care. It is arrogance of the highest order.

At least they aren't Apple. Charging a huge premium for a useless OS and using the exact hardware as a PC suckering music and graphics aficionados into believing it's superior.

I don't know which is worse, Apple scamming like a used car salesman or M$ saying "You'll bend over and like it".

I have both now... I'd say apple's worse. You can always dump Windows 10 for Windows 7. (IF YOU CAN GET PAST A BLACK SCREEN!) But with Apple.. the software trouble effects the hardware. Right now my DVD drive isn't working... webcam's not working. Sometimes the card reader isn't working. (I never even HEARD of a DVD drive suddenly not working... especially not on a laptop. Which is to say it works... my macbook just ejects the disc as soon as you put it in. About 1 million people have this issue and apple has said NOTHING about it other than: "Buy another mac!")

So with PC it isn't quite the same dictatorship. There's nothing I can do... No OS I can switch to in order to get any of the hardware working again. I'm sure Tim Cook could flip a switch and turn off my macbook for good!

Haven't gone back into Windows 10 since the last time I posted here. I did test my theory though: It works if you switch HDMI inputs and then switch back. You really... REALLY shouldn't have to do that... and I have no idea how they managed to get that to persist even if you turn your computer off and on again... even if you UNPLUG it... but yeah... I'll be sticking with Windows 7 for a while.

Back