• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't break 215mhz with PC3500 Redline?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kamel said:
why not just switch your jumper for the higher settings? redlines seem to eat voltage more than any other ram i've ever seen.

That's what I've been saying. But people are being convinced that 4v jumper equals sudden death of a DFI motherboard. I left mine on the 4v side since day one, on BOTH my DFI boards.

-Collin-

I did switch the jumper, how do you think i'm using 3.3-3.4vdimm?

Ok even with changing the timings and settings i'm still getting errors. I did some more testing and I really think these are just bad sticks and I need to RMA.

240-235mhz w/ 3.4vdimm = lots of errors
225mhz w/3.3vdimm = 1 error on test #7
225mhz w/3.4vdimm = lots of errors
217mhz w/3.3vdimm = 5 errors on test #7 (rated spec)
200mhz w/3.3vdimm = errors

By the way I'm using 6/18-2 bios if that makes any difference...

I've noticed that some Winbond UTT choke if it is given more than 3.3v. This might be the case with your sticks.

Last edited:
It does the same with 3.2vdimm when I was testing it on the 3.3v jumper.

using whatever is your most stable settings, change the TREF to 3120 and see how that works. If you still get an error try the next setting down in bios (36xx).

Hm, I kept the settings the same and just switched the sticks in the same yellow slots. Incredibly, i'm at 230mhz with 3.3vdimm and still scaling. We'll see if that's all I had to do.

I didn't read through the whole thread but don't be afraid of the orange slots either...... good luck and I hope you finally got those things going.

Ya I think i've finally got them goin, still testing on stability, but no errors in memtest and i'm at 250mhz, 2-2-2-8, 3.3vdimm.

JDizzle said:
So all you did was switch your two sticks of ram and you got it stable?

UTT ram can be funny like that...... personally I've never had much luck with the yellow slots.

Ya, but actually I switched them to the orange slots at first with no luck, then put them back in the yellow slots, but in a different order, and now they work?!

Back