• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Find Pagefile.sys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

racerd

I have recently moved my pagefile to a second hard drive. I have tried to do a search for pagefile.sys, and just pagefile on both C and F hard drives, and the only thing that comes up is pagefileconfig.vbs. I have set the folder options to show hidden files. I have set C drive 2-50MB, F drive 563MB. The computer seems to work OK but I have not been able to find or see the pagefile.
Windows XP Pro
512MB Ram

Do you have it showing system files? This is a separate option from the hidden files.

That was it. I only found pagefile in drive F. I have set drive C 2-50MB. Does that seem normal?

When you set the size of the page file, it will tell you if it is too low. While setting it too low on C: won't cause issues in and of itself, it can't dump the kernel if there is a crash. So, finding out what is causing a crash might be a bit frustrating later on. Unless you are really strapped for space, I'd set it to (at least) 1g or so.

Last edited:
I tried messing with it and concluded it is best left alone.

Back