• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant get pentium-m to run at 533FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EternalX

Hello,

I bought a gateway mc3230 laptop with a celeron-m 1.5ghz processor. I had a broken laptop that had a pentium-m 1.73ghz, also dothan 479 like the celery. I put in the pentium m, and it will no boot up at 133FSB, stays at 100FSB keeping the clock down to 1.3ghz. The chipset is via p4m800pro/ce, and all the specs ive been able to find out the specific chipset in my laptop say it can run 533FSB.

I am beginning to think the propriatary bios is causing this to happen. I tried contacting esupport, but they told me they couldnt provide any upgrades.

Is there any way to get this thing to boot at 133? How about a pin-mod? I know its a 533fsb processor anyway, but I have heard of people having success that had the processor boot up at 400. Once they did the pin-mod it booted at its correct speed of 533.

Hopefully someone can help shed some light on this, or there might be a new gateway laptop in the classies soon ;)

Back