• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant overclock ddr4 Kingston HyperX FURY Black Series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jibo

Hi to all
I have :
AMD Ryzen 2700x
ASRock X370 Taichi
4x8gb DDR4 Kingston HyperX FURY Black Series
How to overclock this ram? It doesn't want to accelerate higher than 2433
i updated bios, tryed to calculate in ryzen dram calculator, but there is no nanya chip.

Sorry for my bad english <3

Attachments

• &#1057;&#1085;&#1080;&#1084;&#1086;&#1082;.PNG
    &#1057;&#1085;&#1080;&#1084;&#1086;&#1082;.PNG
    37.6 KB · Views: 5,801
Ryzen dram calculator is based only on some popular IC, mostly on samsung B. Nanya is probably the least popular IC on the market and I guess you just have to try on your own. I had no chance to test any Nanya based memory kits in last months so I don't know how are they scaling. All HyperX Fury that I had in last 2 years were on Hynix or Micron ( 3 new kits were on Micron ).
I can only tell you that if there is CL16 in SPD then maybe try to set 16-18-18 or 18-18-18, 1.35V and check how high it will go.

You should start fresh, reset BIOS to default settings and DON'T enable the XMP profile. Set the 16-18-18-18 timings manually as you did but only those 4. Then set the voltage to 1.35V for the DRAM. Reboot and then raise the speed a bit at a time giving the BIOS a chance to train the memory. so 2400 reboot, 2666 reboot etc...

i reset bios then cant change frequency,cause xmp profile loaded automaticaly.when i switch to auto mode , frequence option disappeared photo_2018-08-01_17-53-02.jpg photo_2018-08-01_17-53-03.jpg photo_2018-08-01_17-53-04.jpg

no,only auto or XMP . and i tried different types of overclock modes and still same problem

I'm surprised one of those options doesn't have a manual mode. What does the OC mode change switch do?
EDIT: I found it and it's about AMD settings.
You'll have to try XMP then but any timings it sets you'll have to put on auto and only set the first 4 as was said.

With XMP on there will still be settings that you can't see/change. Unless you can figure out how to get into a Manual mode for overclocking then you're probably stuck.
To me it just seems odd that there is no manual setting. Never had an AMD Asrock board so I'm not overly familiar with their BIOS but most boards are relatively the same and being the Taichi you would thin it would have more not less settings

I just email to asrock support ,will see what they say

Have you tried XMP enabled + all timings at auto manually?
ASRock AMD boards don't have manual mode. Once memory supports XMP then you can change timings when you enable XMP. When everything is at auto then it runs at AMD specified/default settings and memory changes are not available.

I was searching for some info about Nanya IC and there is barely anything about that. Memory kits which are using Nanya IC are ending on about DDR4-3200 so there should be still some headroom. My guess is more like you are missing something or AMD just hates Nanya IC (memory profile or something like that. ASRock gets the same AGESA as all other brands and compatibility with memory IC is usually related to AGESA version.

Kingston's don't like anythibg over their rated speeds.

Here you have DDR4-4900 on Kingstons, just because I can :)
http://valid.x86.fr/m1lyzq

Have you tried XMP enabled + all timings at auto manually?
ASRock AMD boards don't have manual mode. Once memory supports XMP then you can change timings when you enable XMP. When everything is at auto then it runs at AMD specified/default settings and memory changes are not available.

I was searching for some info about Nanya IC and there is barely anything about that. Memory kits which are using Nanya IC are ending on about DDR4-3200 so there should be still some headroom. My guess is more like you are missing something or AMD just hates Nanya IC (memory profile or something like that. ASRock gets the same AGESA as all other brands and compatibility with memory IC is usually related to AGESA version.

Here you have DDR4-4900 on Kingstons, just because I can :)
http://valid.x86.fr/m1lyzq

In my board you can choose to use ASRock settings or AMD CBS. I have tried to change the timings on both settings and still won't post.
It beeps 3 times, reboot 3 times and get back to 2400 MHz.

Kingston has a long reputation for not playing well with AMD.

I've seen only single users reporting issues with some memory kits which were not even designed for AMD. Hard to say if all of them had any idea how to set memory on their motherboards. I also see that people read various threads around the web and repeat things which were repeated multiple times already without any tests or other confirmation. This is actually how most of the community works nowadays. Can only check the biggest forums to see how many people test something and how many complain and repost things mentioned by others.

I have direct contact with Kingston marketing and I test their memory from time to time. There was not a single problem with their memory kits at rated speed on AMD Ryzen but as I said, I had no chance to test any memory kit based on Nanya IC. Some were overclocking better, some worse but there were no issues at rated speed.
There is no manufacturer which will guarantee compatibility with every single motherboard on every BIOS version. Actually most compatibility problems in last ~3 years were on Corsair memory kits, especially on Gigabyte motherboards. The same for AMD and Intel. I can even say that more problems were on G.Skill, Team Group or ADATA memory than on Kingston. Most problems on AMD were related to early Ryzen BIOS. It took AMD about a year to solve most issues.

What may be causing "compatibility " issues? I mean isn't ram...ram? What's to be incompatible?:shrug:

Back