• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant send files through mirc, my linksys wlan router is guilty! help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

hi guys, i use mirc a lot and i send files through that program. Eversince i plugged in my linksys wrt54g wirless router i cant send files anymore, it times out. I can send files through kazaa and messenger just fine, is there anything special i must configure in my router? i have firewall disabled and it still wont work

thnx in advance...

does it go through a certin port? you may have to tell it to open that port.

dmz would moot the point of using a router... i just tried port forwarding as this guide told me:

http://kareno.net/LinkSys/

now i have ALL FIREWALL OPTIONS ON, but just a few ports open, thats much better than dmz

it should work for any router if you want to open ports for mirc...

Do not use DMZ when you just need to forward a few ports!!!!!

You should also change the default DCC ports in mIRC then forward those ports to the computer you are running mIRC on.

Kendan said:
Do not use DMZ when you just need to forward a few ports!!!!!

You should also change the default DCC ports in mIRC then forward those ports to the computer you are running mIRC on.

of course i didnt use dmz and of course i did open proper ports in mirc, it works flawless right now :D gotta love this linksys router

PhobMX said:
of course i didnt use dmz and of course i did open proper ports in mirc, it works flawless right now :D gotta love this linksys router

But did you change the ports in mIRC away from the default ports? My statement about DMZ was just to emphasize that it should not be used for that purpose.

Kendan said:
But did you change the ports in mIRC away from the default ports? My statement about DMZ was just to emphasize that it should not be used for that purpose.

yes i did, from 1000 open ports to just 10

Back