• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Routers and Xbox NAT issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

defiant79

First off been away for a while, looking forward to finishing school and starting my next build (hopefully in the next couple of weeks).

Now to my setup. We have a piece of land which we share with my sister-in-law. We have an internet connection that is shared in my home with a Linksys E4200 router running stock 1.0.02 firmware. We are also sharing our internet connection with my sister-in-law (long story, but we are helping them out). I have put a Linksys E2000 running DDWRT in their home setup in repeater bridge mode and its connected to my router.

We had Time Warner's Road runner for over a year, we got a better deal through local telephone provider for DSL and Directv for our TV needs. The DSL is a Speedstream 4300 modem through Windstream and uses a PPPoE login method.

We have an xbox on our network, as well as an xbox on their network. Both xbox were able to play online with roadrunner, now only mine is able to get on. Theirs either won't connect or when it does they get a strict NAT setting.

I have played with just about every setting I can think of on the two routers and the modem. If I place the modem in bridge mode and disable DHCP, I set my router to login the PPPoE session, then everyone is able to get online with computers and stuff, but the xbox's will NOT connect this way.

Currently I have it setup this way.

Modem - Establishes PPPoE session, firewall disabled, Router #1 is in the DMZ setting.

Router 1 - Set to DHCP for the network, I have placed the second xbox in the DMZ zone on this router.

Router 2 - Also has the second xbox listed in the DMZ.

This worked briefly yesterday with a strict NAT setting. Now its not working even after rebooting the whole network. The second xbox has a static IP of 192.168.1.60.

I have tried placing the second router in the DMZ setting on the first, I have tried running the xbox's on auto IP settings, but still no go.

Both routers have UPnP enabled. My xbox on the first router connects and gets an open NAT just fine. I have read several things and tried about a dozen settings so I'm hoping a fresh set of eyes will spot what I missed, lol.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any and all advice!

You try manually setting the following port forwards yet?

XBOX ports
53 tcp/udp
88 udp
3074 tcp/udp <------- Pc Games like this port too
38325 udp

PS3 ports
443 tcp
3478 udp
3479 udp
3658 udp
3074 udp

If you have a Double Nat you need to forward all ports on the first router to the second router, then from the second router to the device.

Last edited:
Back