• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't you all see from your eyes????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i like the fan ben found, but thats just because its so nice and shiny :)
Actually, volt modded, i bet the tornado would come real close to your mechatronics wolfeinstein

I try to avoid alum fans. They may look nice but once your finger slips.... no turning back. I've been cut by one of my delta in my sig and it wasn't even at full speed. It sliced the tip of my fingernail all the way to the first joint of my index finger!

thtas not that great....

a 37cfm with 26db titan fan is better imo for the 80mm fans

39 db, is roughly 4 times louder than the titan, with the titan being almost silent

I run a 120mm (or is it a 92mm? Yikes! I forgot!) Tornado on my CPU. It works well.

When I first got the fan, I set a CD on top of it and turned it on. It blew the CD up in the air a few feet! :)

Mechatronics site doesn't even list an 80 mm fan with those specs. I think coolerguys are either lying or too stupid to live.

i use this mechatronics fan you speak of on my slk800, keeps me at 34c idle 38 load. 2400 oc'd to... 2140!! yes, it wont go any higher but who cares. anyways, id recommend this fan to anyone. its quiet and effective. i also run 5 other 30db casefans and it just gives me a nice hum sound to fall asleep to at night. in fact i cant sleep without it! it seems to make everything else quieter by drowning it out and makes my ears rest easier. 30db 4 life !

Cjwinnit said:
If you wanted the "Best" fan i'd say the Rolls-Royce Pegasus was good......

I like your style maannn !!! :D ha.... ha.... ha.....

Here the best fan for Intel and AMD:

civilon.jpg

asw7576 said:
I like your style maannn !!! :D ha.... ha.... ha.....

Thank you :)

I think that might be a Trent engine though, Pegasus is the engine used in the Harrier. :D

pegasus.jpg

hrmm, I started crunching numbers and it appears that the Tt SF II would be quieter at that cfm level.

Here is some comparison
1300RPM 20.55CFM 17db
4800RPM 75.70CFM 48db

So there are 2 ratios there .827db's per CFM @ 1300RPM and .634 db's per CFM @ 4800rpm
For 53 CFM on the high end it would be 43.83db and on the low end would be 33.60. I would expect it to be around 37-38db at that CFM.

So, what makes that Fan great? I think I like the idea that I can get identical(or better) CFM per db as that one but also have the ability to increase my CFM beyond.
Stick with the Tt SF II. Can't go wrong.
<edit>
Ack, just noticed the link you put up in another post. Guess your own link proves that there are 4 fans at least that have better db/cfm ratios and the Tt SF II is one of them. :D

Last edited:
Back