• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

car subwoofers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since cabin gain begins higher in a car compared to a living room, is this why a sealed car sub would work really well for a SQ install for a flatter response? I would think that since a ported design will go lower it could cause a bump in the low end. Not that preferable for me.

Been reading about car audio a bit lately, looking into maybe getting some decent components (RE, Ascendant) and a single 10 or 12 in. XBL^2 woof with 200-300W or so.

kyleboy77 said:
What about infinity subs... do you guys have any opinions on them?

The perfects aren't that bad, decent SQ/SPL...seen them used in the house setups a lot as they're highly efficent.

Voodoo Rufus said:
Been reading about car audio a bit lately, looking into maybe getting some decent components (RE, Ascendant) and a single 10 or 12 in. XBL^2 woof with 200-300W or so.

i'm gonna be getting an ascendant avalanche 15" in a week, i'll let u know how it turns out ;)

Mr. Chambers said:
I don't see the point in bringing their thread down?

Usually they're not in the car when they hit those numbers...

the reason i bring it up is because i know far too many teens that already have serious hearing damage because of these projects. if somone doesnt remind them that its dangerous who will?

zabomb4163 said:
the reason i bring it up is because i know far too many teens that already have serious hearing damage because of these projects. if somone doesnt remind them that its dangerous who will?

yup. i still dont understand how people can listen to their systems that loud all the time, i can't drive with my system at full volume, my brain goes numb lol. if there weren't competitions, i wouldn't have bothered with a giant subbox.

Right now I am using an A/D/S/ 310rs.2 (sealed 3.0 c.f.t.) fed by a Hifonics Zeus 6400 (600 wrms) and couldn't be happier. It is the cleanest woofer I have heard before.

But since DEI bought a/d/s/ I personally wouldn't buy anything from them. their quality has dropped I have heard, and their customer support is the worse i have ever used.

lowfat said:
But since DEI bought a/d/s/ I personally wouldn't buy anything from them. their quality has dropped I have heard, and their customer support is the worse i have ever used.

yea, that really ticks me off, all the good old companies the ads, orion, soundstream, usamp, ect have been bought out.

Last edited:
Korndog said:
yea, that really ticks me off, all the good old companies the ads, orion, soundstream, usamp, ect have been bought out.

Raises hand! I like to add to that list....MB Quart=RF :eh?:

I guess its safe to say to try other companies, even like Planet Audio a division of BOSS.

lowfat said:
JL is good stuff for the average person, but there is definately better/cheaper stuff out there.
yup, u pay mostly for the name, kinda like nike shoe that are sold for 150 bucks but cost only a buck or two to manufacter.. well maybe not that bad, but seriously 700+ bucks for a W7? come on..

snyper1982 said:
I got both of my 10-w7s for 750. :)

yea, sometimes you get good deals, then its a good buy, but the retail is 700 bucks per sub. for 750 you could have probably gotten two 18" Asendant avalanches ;) and had money left over.

Back