• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case fan at -10c - any experience?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion456

I want to run a case fan at -10c. I know most of them have fluid bearings and so will freeze up after a while. Any one know of a fan that just uses air and so will run at -10c?

Wondering if a maglev fan would run at -10c. Its bearing is frictionless and uses no fluids, just magnetic levitation.

Last edited:
I'm actually cooling a telescope mirror from room temperature down to -10 or so.

I will try 3 fans out and see which one works best. I now have a maglev 120mm, a enlobal bearing 120mm and a tricool air bearing fan. I'm going to leave them outside over night and then see which one starts up. I believe its going down to -20 tonight.

I want to run a case fan at -10c. I know most of them have fluid bearings and so will freeze up after a while. Any one know of a fan that just uses air and so will run at -10c?

Wondering if a maglev fan would run at -10c. Its bearing is frictionless and uses no fluids, just magnetic levitation.
Any fan will run at -10C or any temp as long as the fan doesn't melt ( over 100C) and rifle bearing fans sharft fans are not good if it is ball bearing fan then it will run under -200C L2N TEMP and can run at 69C max before the plastic melts

Back