• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case fan noise!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, with quality fans like the noctua fans i'm sure the noise levels would have improved :D
However those truly are expensive, in Norway an nf-f12 is about 40 dollars Us! So if I were to buy, lets say three of those, that would be about 120 dollars, which I am not willing to spend on three fans. :p

Well I'll say this much. I went through my case, tightened screws, replaced some bad rivets with screws and installed Noctua fans and now the only thing I can hear is the NVIDIA GPU fan. I went from a rattling vibrating monster of a case to super quiet. That being said, the case is eleven years old and the fans had a lot of mileage on them. I keep this case because I love this case and a quick going through quieted her down. She is almost good as new.

I had the same issue, I glued small washers to the fan to space it out from the grill and it shut them up.

No vibrations whatsoever with the 7 fans in my CM430..
Fan config:
Top:2x120mm (1 is coolermaster, the other one is a TITAN GreenCool or whatever)
Side: 1x120mm CoolerMaster
Back:1x120mm TITAN GreenCool
Bottom: 1x80mm ????
Front: 1x120mm CoolerMaster & 1x80mm ???? aluminum fan sitting on the drive bays
Are you sure you've installed them correctly?
Tighten the crap out of those screws and see how well that goes, be careful not to crack the plexiglass tho.

Back